4.4.3 IS here!

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
But then again, it's supposed to fix the camera daemon bug that affected some Nexus 5's, causing significant battery drain, isn't it? So it may be very important for some people.

You do make a point, but I find it amusing how some people obsess over it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You do make a point, but I find it amusing how some people obsess over it.

You're right, of course. We see this cycle repeat itself over and over--users clamor for an update, then there's the inevitable threads that lament how the update made the device worse in some way. That's one of the big reasons I like Nexus devices--updates are much more likely to work smoothly, without all of that skin and bloatware stuff to interfere.

Telomir

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Runs a bit better - noticed better battery life and my connection is consistent (no longer drops randomly)

I didnt get an OTA - I flashed it by unlocking my bootloader and flashing the image without the -w flag in the flash-all batch file - Here is a screenshot -

vuGaSAl.png

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android 4.4.3 ota

The OTAs always seem to reach me after everyone else:/ You think living in CA you would be one of the first to receive the update.

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

The OTAs always seem to reach me after everyone else:/ You think living in CA you would be one of the first to receive the update.
Lol I live In CA also and I am just waiting for the sideload to come out.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Your location has nothing to do with how the ota is released. It is staggered by imei number. Google then checks for any major bug reports, then rolls out the next wave, and so on and so forth.

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

I tried to sideload 4.4.3 several time and could not get it to take.

Somebody may try to help if you provided more details - whether you are rooted, whether you are using the stock ROM/kernel etc, how you attempted the sideload, what file did you attempt to sideload, and what error message you got etc. Just saying "could not get it to take" doesn't really tell anyone much.

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I tried to sideload 4.4.3 several time and could not get it to take.

Did you try to sideload the factory image? It's my understanding that you can only wipe the entire phone with the factory image and you'll need to wait until the OTA update comes out to sideload it. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong!

Posted via Android Central App

Telomir

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
How long have you had it? and you're already talking battery life?

Yes, I'm obviously talking about battery life. I've kept an excel spreadsheet of battery drain rates under different circumstances. I've played with it for 12 hours - initial observations are positive.

Telomir

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Did you try to sideload the factory image? It's my understanding that you can only wipe the entire phone with the factory image and you'll need to wait until the OTA update comes out to sideload it. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong!

This is incorrect - if your bootloader is already unlocked, you can flash the factory image as long as you remove the -w flag from the flash batch file - this prevents the "wipe" function from occuring. I was able to do this and kept all my data.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

This is incorrect - if your bootloader is already unlocked, you can flash the factory image as long as you remove the -w flag from the flash batch file - this prevents the "wipe" function from occuring. I was able to do this and kept all my data.

Technically, the process you described is not flashing the factory image as is - it is extracting the separate images from the factory image (and skipping the image for the user data), and flashing those.
For all you know, goherd#AC may have tried to flash the factory image as it is, in recovery, without using the flash batch file. Again, since goherd#AC didn't really give any details about what he/she tried, all we can do is speculate.

Bobby Combs

May 10, 2014
Visit site

OK well I can't log onto my goherd#ac account. I downloaded the factory image from Google then used the XDA instructions. Using the command ADB sideload **.zip. The error message I received was the e:looter was not verified. I saw the flash command but could not find a clear instructions on how to utilize the command.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I will not sideload as I have no idea what I am doing and I am afraid I might wipe or brick my device. I will wait until my devices get the update OTA as long as it takes.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Well I hope this fix will correct the WiFi connection issue I have at a local bar. The stinking Fruit phones can connect but rarely does my N5 get a solid Wi-Fi connection there. What really ticks me off is T-Mobile data signal won't penetrate that bar's building. At least the voice calls still works.

Howard Sylve

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I think it was mainly Skype that tripped that and they fixed the app so it wouldn't. I was affected but after a hard reset and waiting for Skype to fix their app I've had no issues *crosses fingers*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky