Why I think no removable batter/MicroSD is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
A lot of people are posting about lollipop issues. Complaining and ranting about issues are to be expected. To allow it to irritate oneself seems just as silly as complaining about the complainers.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Forum should ideally be a place of fun exchange of opinions, not a ranting vent-off area. Imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I used to be upset with ranting posts. Learn to be more understanding. If you feel like sinking to their level, it is best to walk away and let it go. Opinions are like [fill in your name for the defecation orifice] everyone has one. Some people are so intertwined with their devices and a particular brand they can't see the forest for the trees.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

ahj4513

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I used to be upset with ranting posts. Learn to be more understanding. If you feel like sinking to their level, it is best to walk away and let it go. Opinions are like [fill in your name for the defecation orifice] everyone has one. Some people are so intertwined with their devices and a particular brand they can't see the forest for the trees.

My favourite person. Much thanks, I will take your suggestion.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
My 128gb has about 45 HD movies and about 7000 songs. It's nearly full and I recently discovered FLAC files which are bigger and sound better.

And it's backed up on my pcs, laptops, clouds, NAS, etc and I have never had an SD card fail on me.

Whoa!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Moderators have been around a while and can deal with it better.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
FYI. For those interested in a merging of threads, it is possible but the system automatically arranges the merge by chronological ordering. So the flow of conversation and responses could be altered and considerably thrown off.

Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I didn't find LG products enticing either coming mostly from all Samsung products but when I saw and played with the G2 and then bought the G3 last year, I've been very impressed with what they've done and are heading with their cell phones. They're doing good things and hopefully they can continue this success moving forward this year.

I don't like LG. I bought the G3 last year as I thought that I wanted a change from samsung. I only kept it for 2 days before exchanging it for the S5. I didn't like the screen, wasn't that impressed by the camera. It over heated quite a bit and had issues playing my videos from the SD card. Also in the UK accessories were rather scarce. I felt like it was a step down from my note 3.

However I know a lot of people were pleased with the G3. It will be interesting to see if they retain the SD card slot and removable battery with the G4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
FYI. For those interested in a merging of threads, it is possible but the system automatically arranges the merge by chronological ordering. So the flow of conversation and responses could be altered and considerably thrown off.

Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC

I really think these guys are making a bigger issue over this than those making an issue over no swappable battery.
It would be like merging every thread complaining about lollipop in the S5 forums - and there is a lot.
This is how internet forums work.
You don't merge every thread that bothers you into one.
Just breath in and breath out, and move to a happy thread. :)

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It's inappropriate to merge topics for this reason. I always say that only people who actually cares comes out to rant. And only people who rant actually help the product. Singing praises produces no actionable help.

@T-Mobile GN3

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
This just seems preposterous to me, I'm sorry...when do you have time to do anything else but manage your inventory? I wasn't aware that the human race even wrote 7000 songs in their history :p

Well, with all due respect, that is the type of comment that sets off those of us who take a different position. You (and a couple of others) simply can't imagine why anyone would want or need it; therefore, it must apparently just be preposterous? Because that's not the way you use or want to use your phone, it's unimaginable. Can't you accept that not everyone has the same needs and desires?

These are not phones. They are powerful computers these days. They provide lots of options. Many people will figure out which work best for them and not everyone will have the same uses.

--It takes NO time at all to manage inventory. In fact, you have it backwards. As many of us have been saying in this thread, one of the advantages of an SD card is that when you change phones, it takes LESS time. All of that stuff doesn't have to be loaded again. Since everything on my SD card is a copy in the first place, there is no overhead in managing inventory whatsoever. Nothing is copied to it that doesn't already exist on my hard drive.

7,000 songs, btw, is less than 700 cds. I have way more albums than that. Give me a 256gb card, and I'm in! I like to have my library with me when possible. That promotes choice. As I said before, I travel a lot and streaming is not the right option. If you don't travel much and like streaming, that's probably not the same issue for you. But it is for me. And as another poster pointed out, yes sometimes there will be movies to play on the card too. You can't fill up the phone internal memory to bursting.

Speaking of clutter, this also allows me to have the internal phone memory uncluttered. I pretty much reserve the phone memory for apps and operating system. If I had 128gb of phone memory, I couldn't possibly fill it all up because there are other things that the phone needs to do--like operating system, apps. The card keeps these things separate and, dare I say, uncluttered. :)

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC

Excellent idea in theory, but at this point the threads are already so long that, as you point out, they wouldn't make any sense.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
7,000 songs, btw, is less than 700 cds. I have way more albums than that. Give me a 256gb card, and I'm in! I like to have my library with me when possible. That promotes choice. As I said before, I travel a lot and streaming is not the right option. If you don't travel much and like streaming, that's probably not the same issue for you. But it is for me. And as another poster pointed out, yes sometimes there will be movies to play on the card too. You can't fill up the phone internal memory to bursting.

I guess this comes down to management for me...why would someone keep tons of movies on their phone? Watch it and move it...no? Watch it twice maybe and move it? Have a few D/L'd for a trip then dump them? And tens of thousands of songs? I just don't think Samsung's target market it to make devices that double as massive storage devices but maybe I'm way off base here. It certainly has struck a chord (so to speak) with some here, I just don't think that's representative of the overall market.

A poll would be interesting to see how much music people carry on their devices.

In the end here, it's possible you replaceable people are going to get your wish, Samsung has come out with different versions of the same phone in the past and if they feel there's a big enough market then they'll do it. Seems to me they might have looked into that before the S6 development.

If the do have intentions of releasing an alternative version I'd think they'd want to do it with some expediency since LG might retain the replaceable battery/card and they'd be foolish to let your segment go over to LG for that aspect alone.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about polls, but this is not a new debate on this site. Dig up some old threads. In the past, there have been plenty of people who have indicated they like to carry lots of media. Even professional columnists have commented upon that phenomenon, calling it the "media junkie" faction.

No one said the SAME movies are there forever....they are watched and then deleted. Replaced for the next trip with others. (At least that's what I do.) But you still have to leave some space for them.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, with all due respect, that is the type of comment that sets off those of us who take a different position. You (and a couple of others) simply can't imagine why anyone would want or need it; therefore, it must apparently just be preposterous? Because that's not the way you use or want to use your phone, it's unimaginable. Can't you accept that not everyone has the same needs and desires?

The point is, you don't NEED it. You WANT it. The phone functions, as intended, with out it. SD cards are slow.

As a side note, I could see them removing them to remove the performance "hit" accessing them, making the phones seem slow. Of course we know that this new phone has some uber fast memory, and SD cards will not be as fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostbytes