Root question

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I just used the Unrevokrd root method, it said everything worked. Just curious how I know if it actually rooted my devices.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I just used the Unrevokrd root method, it said everything worked. Just curious how I know if it actually rooted my devices.

Load the Android Terminal Emulator (jack Palevich) appfrom the market, open it and type the commands

su
whoami

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Just check through your apps and see if you have a app called super user if it's their then you should be rooted.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I do have super user but I am not sure things are rooted. I cannot remove the bloatware and I tried the free WiFi tether and it won't allow my computer to get online

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
This is why I always say.... dont use unrevoked.... If you type SU and you get permission denied you're not rooted... If you're rooted when you type su, you'll see the line go from:

sh-3.2$
to
sh-3.2#

the # meaning you're rooted

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to run a back up and the backup program said it was not able to gain root access, Unrevoked3 said it was rooted, I dont know. This is all new to me.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
The screen is like this:
$
infront of the dollar sign is where I type the SU
When I type SU it goes to another line which has a # and that is it.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Does this answer some questions? Titaium says I am rooted but I am getting nothing else that requires root to work.

154928_1721456997673_1275761153_31944431_1440929_n.jpg

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
If you're getting a # after you type su then you're rooted...

I never said that unrevoked doesn't work. Its work for many with no problems. But tue fact of the matter is there are plenty of people that DO have issues AFTER using unrevoked. You also don't learn anything at all when using unrevoked whereas if you do the proper way of doing it its guaranteed to work and you learn a lot while doing it. Another issue with unrevoked is the exploit isn't known. Which is understandable because the moment the exploit is known HTC will throw an update and close that exploit. Problem is when you run into a problem with unrevoked or after using it its extremely hard to figure it out since nobody knows what its doing in the background to root whereas with the proper way you do know because you're doing all Tue commands to root it. More people use the proper method which is stickied in the hacks section than using unrevoked. I'm not bashing unrevoked or the people that use it. Personally I thinking its much better in every conceivable way to use the proper method than unrevoked.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I can totally see your point. I only did Unrevoked because a friend fried his phone and I did not want that happening to me. If I could get the wireless to work I would be happy. Currently paying the 30 a month for it.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
The hack and rom instructions outline and video in wrong for telling me to use unrvoked? If so witch instruction should I study. A link will be nice . Thanx.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Jerzyiroc, just to be clear. I'm not refering to the one step method. The long one. I would like to do it myself. Learn something. Also flash my own roms. Doing alot of research. That's why I look for you guys for guidance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sayou