Help please just bought phone off ebay!!! Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwest810

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I just bought Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 off ebay.. very stupid of me
but i now found out it does not have a sim card slot so therefore i can not use straight talk?
Is this true can someone please please please help me out on this one.. verify somehow..
thanks
it is rooted with a clean ESN says the seller.. but called straight talk and the guy .. could barely understand.. said if no sim card slot it wont work..
Thanks all have a great day!

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Straight Talk us a GSM service provider so yes you must have a sim card.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

steddora

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Nope, won't work with straight talk. You can flash it to boost mobile and I believe there has been success flashing to virgin mobile as well. Both of those providers run off of sprints network however.

This has been a message from the Blu Kuban broadcast system!

rraman3110

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
You are out of luck. This phone runs on CDMA technology. Which is what Verizon and Sprint use. Straight Talk can run on CDMA technology, but you need to be able to flash the phone to the carrier. Only successful carrier flashes for this phone are Boost, Virgin Mobile, and Metro PCS that I know personally. You might want to try flashing to one of those carries instead of straight talk. Not sure why you want an advanced phone and a very limited service carrier.

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
As posters mentioned you'll need to go with CDMA carriers - Sprint/Verizon for main and TONS of MVNOs - Boost, Virgin, Telos, MetroPCS (for now), Cricket, KDDI Mobile, Ting, etc.

For most except Ting you'll need a donor phone. Ting and possibly Boost/Virgin shouldn't.
Good luck and hope you find a working solution!

yoshikun1980

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've actually been searching for the answer to this same question.
There *is* a way to flash it so that Straight Talk will activate it. I, cannot find what that way may be. I do know that it needs to be flashed to Verizon first, then straight talk will send a code or something. (In my area, southern Arkansas, Straight Talk functions better on Verizon phones than on AT&T and **FAR** better than on T-Mobile phones.)
Again, it can be done, but most of the so-called "how to" websites and videos are only adverts for guys who want to charge $50 to do the flash for you.

rich scheurich

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
You can flash it to cricket with cdma tools to get master unlock and then qpst to set up the service properly.....you will need to grab a prl for it from the cricket forums....google is your friend....you just have to be able to discern from the jackass's that post stuff just to see their name in print, and those that really know what they are talking about.

rama devi

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
same problem boss please help me issue ,I just bought Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 off ebay.. very stupid of me
but i now found out it does not have a sim card slot so therefore i can not use straight talk?
Is this true can someone please please please help me out on this one.. verify somehow..
thanks
it is rooted with a clean ESN says the seller.. but called straight talk and the guy .. could barely understand.. said if no sim card slot it wont work..

Danny Shedd

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I just bought Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710 off ebay.. very stupid of me
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackybeny