S23 Ultra Weather App for home screen

BearUncle

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
I had a great animated weather app (Accuweather) on the home screen on my old Galaxy Note. I cannot get a weather app widget to do that on my new S23 Ultra. Does anyone know of one for the S23 or is there one on the S23 ? Attached, is a screencap of my Galaxy Note. I love this app as it is animated & will reflect the weather - if it is raining, tha app will show rain falling - same for snow & etc. Just cannot get one to work on the S23.. 2023-02-28-17-09-10.jpg

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a great animated weather app (Accuweather) on the home screen on my old Galaxy Note. I cannot get a weather app widget to do that on my new S23 Ultra. Does anyone know of one for the S23 or is there one on the S23 ? Attached, is a screencap of my Galaxy Note. I love this app as it is animated & will reflect the weather - if it is raining, tha app will show rain falling - same for snow & etc. Just cannot get one to work on the S23.. View attachment 351839

I've been looking for one too! Back when we had HTC phones if it was raining you would see windshield wipers across your screen or snow coming down. I loved it. It was their UI called Sense. I was looking for one on my 21 or 22 and couldn't find anything good or similar I didn't even know AccuWeather did it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I had a great animated weather app (Accuweather) on the home screen on my old Galaxy Note. I cannot get a weather app widget to do that on my new S23 Ultra. Does anyone know of one for the S23 or is there one on the S23 ? Attached, is a screencap of my Galaxy Note. I love this app as it is animated & will reflect the weather - if it is raining, tha app will show rain falling - same for snow & etc. Just cannot get one to work on the S23.. View attachment 351839
Welcome to AC!
This widget brings back memories lol

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Del1701

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Dam I loved that old samsung weather widget, plus the one from sense ui. It's a pity that Fancy Widgets and Beautiful Widgets were abandoned years ago to

Sent from my SM-X800 using AC Forums mobile app

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Dam I loved that old samsung weather widget, plus the one from sense ui. It's a pity that Fancy Widgets and Beautiful Widgets were abandoned years ago to

Sent from my SM-X800 using AC Forums mobile app

I know I had Beautiful widgets also and miss Sense UI also. I wish their was something like it but I did the dynamic one for now but you have to open it to see animation not the same.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
If you make the widget big enough, you see the animation without opening it. It's not the same as the old widget, but it's at least something.

Well just a bit ago at I was swiping through my home screens I saw it move for a second. But yeah it's better than nothing. But HTC Sense UI was my favorite.

Edit: I haven't seen it move on my home screen anymore.

Last edited:

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I saw a YouTube video from Jeff Speinger today that mentioned you can get Beautiful Widgets on OneUI 5.1. I didn't pay attention to the details - sorry.
The video title was something about 200 free fonts for your S23 from the last few weeks. Late in the video he mentions how to add Beautiful Widgets.
Hope those helps whoever is looking for it.

Edit - here is the link https://youtu.be/hyIQDu4OcBI

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I use Transparent Weather and Clock. Lots of widgets to choose from.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ransparentclockweather.premium&token=THnlaut9

Does it animate on your homescreen like when it rains or snows? I just loved the windshield wipers on HTC Sense when it rained and the snow falling on your screen. I just went to the play store and saw Beautiful Widgets but it only showed the pro version and people say it hasn't been updated in a few years and something doesn't work with Android 13. I used to love that app!

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been looking for one too! Back when we had HTC phones if it was raining you would see windshield wipers across your screen or snow coming down. I loved it. It was their UI called Sense. I was looking for one on my 21 or 22 and couldn't find anything good or similar I didn't even know AccuWeather did it.
I really miss that from the HTC phones....

I miss HTC phones full stop!

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets has a live wallpaper....

I've started to use it again after watching a Flossy Carter video on YouTube...

The weather changes over the course of the day... Sun up 'til Sun down and then Moon up until Moon down.
205d5f515329473178537f82c89cb35d.jpg

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Disregard the clock & weather widget that's a separate thing.

The entire wallpaper is a live weather wallpaper.

Really enjoying it.

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Does it animate on your homescreen like when it rains or snows? I just loved the windshield wipers on HTC Sense when it rained and the snow falling on your screen. I just went to the play store and saw Beautiful Widgets but it only showed the pro version and people say it hasn't been updated in a few years and something doesn't work with Android 13. I used to love that app!
I'm not sure about the entire Beautiful Widgets app.....but the live wallpaper definitely works on Android 13 (One UI 5.1)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bensonboon24