UI 6.1 received 3/27, 930 eastern

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
AOD customization is now listed under wallpaper. Long press on the home screen and click wallpaper and style. Once there, you will see the lock screen/AOD panel and you can modify the clock as well as what is available on the screen. One new thing is that now, AOD will autorotate with the main screen settings. (I had to disable my custom Tasker profile as there is no direct AOD portrait or landscape anymore). Now, the AOD and lock screen will pop on in whatever direction the phone is set for at the time the screen times out.
When I long press the home screen and wallpaper and style I don't see the lock screen/AOD panel. And yes I'm on 6.1..

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
When I long press the home screen and wallpaper and style I don't see the lock screen/AOD panel. And yes I'm on 6.1..
When you open the wallpaper and style, the left side is your lockscreen wallpaper settings. You can customize it further using good lock and clock face. I hate that I can't customize the aod placement. It's stuck always being on the left side and my notifications get covered up by the do not disturb icon. I used to be able to move the widgets and items on the lock screen and aod.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
When you open the wallpaper and style, the left side is your lockscreen wallpaper settings. You can customize it further using good lock and clock face. I hate that I can't customize the aod placement. It's stuck always being on the left side and my notifications get covered up by the do not disturb icon. I used to be able to move the widgets and items on the lock screen and aod.
Here is a screenshot of the wallpaper and style. I see no lockscreen wallpaper settings on my screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240329_235530_Wallpaper and style.jpg
    Screenshot_20240329_235530_Wallpaper and style.jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 26

Edox

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Here is a screenshot of the wallpaper and style. I see no lockscreen wallpaper settings on my screen.
It seems that it is a bug/issue as far as AOD is concerned... customization and brightness are missing, they are nowhere on the device...

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Nothing in the update screams, Wow! Look at me, I'm new!

The whole Google Circle thing is better implemented with Google Lens. The AI is a miss.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I tried the stock launcher for half a day and went back to Nova. I even tried Niagara launcher. Once you get used to a specific layout, it's hard to switch.
I did the same. Switched back to stock. The next day, I went back to nova. It just didn't feel..... right.

I switched back to stock more as a test. I use Google messages. Had the default settings set for Google. After the 6.1 update, everytime I opened messages, my phone tried to talk me back to samsung messages. Switched back to the default screen and it stopped.. for a while. Finally got that fixed.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
23 ULTRA
VZW
Florida

Much to learn.
e4d031da6c6252c9b099dca765faedda.jpg
Got mine for the 23 ultra last night. Much to learn indeed. I just watched a YouTube video on the new swipe gestures. Geez. Talk about fixing something that's not broken. I haven't quite figured out why the search box comes up at times instead of performing a navigation task, but I have now figured out that you have to swipe from the sides not the bottom to go backwards. (After closing out programs a few dozen times.) Hey I do like to keep Samsung happy and be its guinea pig.

Next: figuring out how to move things in the camera editor.

It's almost like I got a new phone.

Reactions: Brad Bilger

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
It seems that it is a bug/issue as far as AOD is concerned... customization and brightness are missing, they are nowhere on the device...
I wonder id it is tied to the main/home screen settings like the auto rotate is now?

*** Edit*** apparently there is an AOD update in the Galaxy store that allows customizations using Lockstar.

Reactions: Joshua Luther1

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
You can re enable the Samsung swipe gestures by installing good lock and using navstar.
59138da4f6cf758c7217ba811727847f.jpg
Hmmm, can you please help? How can I get the back gesture back? I've always used swipe gestures instead of buttons, but after the update, when I swipe the back button, I get the home button, which activates Google Assistant.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmmm, can you please help? How can I get the back gesture back? I've always used swipe gestures instead of buttons, but after the update, when I swipe the back button, I get the home button, which activates Google Assistant.
Samsung gestures?
Just enable Navstar in Samsung good lock app then go on the device settings>display>navigation>select Samsung gestures it will now appear

Reactions: Joshua Luther1

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm having issues editing my lockscreen/aod. I have the battery device list on mine but there's no way for me to edit it or remove it. I have tried lockstar, clock face, and the lock screen/aod settings.

Samsung settings is a mess right now with so many settings overlapping and multiple places to edit and change wallpaper settings. You can change the ls wallpaper within wallpaper and style, themes, and lockscreen and aod settings. Then you have the three places I mentioned above in Goodlock.

It's no wonder we're all confused and can't figure this stuff out.

Last edited:

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
So, I just found the edit lock screen page buried under lock screen aod settings. At the very bottom it says looking for something else? And edit lock screen. So I click on that and there I can remove the battery life widget. So frustrating that I can't find that menu or setting anywhere else.
a0cb52a28fdb431f0cb9a7642d9c67c3.jpg

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to get frustrated and overwhelmed with Samsung with so many different ways to change individual things on your phone. If you want to change which notifications you want to show on your LS, oh that's not in this settings sub menu. That's under the notifications menu. Want to edit widgets and clock placement and size and font? Oh you have 3 different places to change that. But good luck figuring out which app you used the next time you want to edit it.

Reactions: monsieurms

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I have figured out the swiping and navigation now. Not gonna download some other program. Stick with it. Then, it becomes normalized. It's only a few hours of frustration! :p

Also, have figured out the new "move things" in the photo editing app under camera. That's really cool! The upside to this: when I finally upgrade, I won't be shocked with a new UI at the same time as I'm setting up a new phone.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Samsung gestures?
Just enable Navstar in Samsung good lock app then go on the device settings>display>navigation>select Samsung gestures it will now appear
Mustang7757, you have always been so helpful. Actually, it's the back button in the Navigation Bar vs Buttons, the back gesture is gone or not working. When swiped or touched, it takes me to the home screen.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mustang7757, you have always been so helpful. Actually, it's the back button in the Navigation Bar vs Buttons, the back gesture is gone or not working. When swiped or touched, it takes me to the home screen.
Thank you , I try my best to help.

Ok so in google gestures back button is swipe both edges of the screen, Samsung gestures you have all 3 gestures at the bottom and have to swipe up.
The navigation bar at the bottom is only to activate Google assistant or Google search .
36aa78f32abc729da8b5e56fe6c03a42.jpg
76b00cb6db24feae288ae4336e4e5fcf.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans