Comparison - What makes Galaxy Tab A better than Moto G in power?

BeastKiller

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I have a Motorola G 1st generation phone running Android Lollipop, and it hangs up all the time and crashes. In addition, my RAM usage is usually around 75-80%. I am thinking of getting a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7", but the specs are the same except for half of a gigabyte more RAM. They both have a Snapdragon quad-core 1.2 GHz CPU. Can I expect more or the same performance? I would naturally expect the Galaxy Tab to have WAY more power and run smoother, but would my expectations be met?

BeastKiller

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
After doing some more digging, I found that the processors are actually quite different despite what the specs say on the surface. The Moto G appears to have a x32 bit architecture while the Galaxy Tab A has a x64 bit architecture, and has a stronger GPU. Looks like I answered my own question.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You're really comparing apples and oranges there. A 5" phone vs. a 10" tablet. Not only did the engineers have a little more freedom for PCB layout on the tablet, a tablet is typically going to have a different SoC with a stronger GPU for the larger screen. In fact, the GPU may be one of the biggest factors in the comparison.