Slow 3g and unstable 2g issue on Alcatel Idol X+

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I am having some issues with the mobile data on my phone. Shortly after I originally turned on the mobile data service feature in engineer mode, the speed and stability of the EDGE connection on my phone went down like a rock from the top of a skyscraper. Now I can barely use 2g data at home and the situation is not much better next to the cell phone tower. Disabling the said data speed setting did not fix anything. There is terrible packet loss and ping varies from 400-1500ms or even more. The speed is like dialup if I am lucky. As, for the 3g, I can't get more than 0.13mbps download and 0.2mbps upload. I put my sim into my retired lenovo A369i and got over 2mbps download. My father's CAT s60 has very fast and stable 2g in the same conditions. My cell provider told me either the sim or the phone's hardware may be to blame. The only time the 2g is actually usable on my phone is when I go to the capital city of my country, where there are a gazillion cell towers. I suspect either the modem or the signal amplifier/transceiver might be to blame. Any ideas on how to diagnose/fix this are welcome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR