Single in-ear bud with mic, decent fidelity for voice

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I hate trial and error purchases, so looking for a little advise before I plunk down my cash ;). I use my LG G4 to make calls when I walk my dog. Holding it up to my ear leads to elbow problems, so looking for a single ear headset with mic just for calls. I have a little high frequency loss due to to much Led Zeppelin turned up to 11 in high school, so need an earpiece that has clear sound and not too much bass, and a decent mic so I don't have to talk too loud. Want something decent quality that doesn't short out too soon where the wire comes out of the jack, or tangle too easily, maybe a 90' angled plug, but not necessary.
Thanks!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I hate trial and error purchases, so looking for a little advise before I plunk down my cash ;). I use my LG G4 to make calls when I walk my dog. Holding it up to my ear leads to elbow problems, so looking for a single ear headset with mic just for calls. I have a little high frequency loss due to to much Led Zeppelin turned up to 11 in high school, so need an earpiece that has clear sound and not too much bass, and a decent mic so I don't have to talk too loud. Want something decent quality that doesn't short out too soon where the wire comes out of the jack, or tangle too easily, maybe a 90' angled plug, but not necessary.
Thanks!

forget the single ear headset. best bang for the buck IMO is the ubiquitous $29 Apple EarPods. works nicely for phone calls with just one earbud in and other one hangs and is not in the way or cumbersome. i make all my calls with it. and then you have the option for stereo music with both buds in both ears when desired. inexpensive, light, sleek, high quality, ubiquitous availability, durable, water resistant, great clear sound, great mic, comfortable, great design, portable, answer/end call button built into mic. it's the only Apple product i've ever bought. on sale at Best Buy now -

Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic White MD827LLA - Best Buy

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
forget the single ear headset. best bang for the buck IMO is the ubiquitous $29 Apple EarPods. works nicely for phone calls with just one earbud in and other one hangs and is not in the way or cumbersome. i make all my calls with it. and then you have the option for stereo music with both buds in both ears when desired. inexpensive, light, sleek, high quality, ubiquitous availability, durable, water resistant, great clear sound, great mic, comfortable, great design, portable, answer/end call button built into mic. it's the only Apple product i've ever bought. on sale at Best Buy now -

Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic White MD827LLA - Best Buy
Thanks Gekko,
I know this is subjective, but how do they feel? I tried the OEM earbuds that came with my older G4 iPod Touch and were painful to wear. The shape of these look like they may be different though.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Gekko,
I know this is subjective, but how do they feel? I tried the OEM earbuds that came with my older G4 iPod Touch and were painful to wear. The shape of these look like they may be different though.

very, very, very comfortable. most comfortable earbuds i've ever owned. sometimes i forget they're in. lots of R&D went into them -

They're Designed For The Ear Itself. "The human ear is so unique. No two are alike," Ive said in the video. "Making one headphone to fit everybody's ears would be like one pair of shoes to fit everybody's feet, I mean it's impossible. But that's exactly what we've tried to do with the new EarPods."

According to Apple's website, the EarPod design didn't start with the speaker; it started with the ear itself. Apple needed to change the circular geometry of its original earbuds to make them more a comfortable fit as they sit in the ear.

"Everything about their design is focused on delivering incredible sound and comfort," Ive said. "As part of an exhaustive research and development effort, we three-dimensionally scanned hundreds of ears and looked for a commonality. From that, we were able to determine a common volume. This was our starting point to developing a form to fit a broad range of ears."

Apple EarPods: 3 Major Benefits Of The New Earbuds Redesign, As Explained By Lead Designer Jony Ive [VIDEO]

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
very, very, very comfortable. most comfortable earbuds i've ever owned. sometimes i forget they're in. lots of R&D went into them -

They're Designed For The Ear Itself. "The human ear is so unique. No two are alike," Ive said in the video. "Making one headphone to fit everybody's ears would be like one pair of shoes to fit everybody's feet, I mean it's impossible. But that's exactly what we've tried to do with the new EarPods."

According to Apple's website, the EarPod design didn't start with the speaker; it started with the ear itself. Apple needed to change the circular geometry of its original earbuds to make them more a comfortable fit as they sit in the ear.

"Everything about their design is focused on delivering incredible sound and comfort," Ive said. "As part of an exhaustive research and development effort, we three-dimensionally scanned hundreds of ears and looked for a commonality. From that, we were able to determine a common volume. This was our starting point to developing a form to fit a broad range of ears."

Apple EarPods: 3 Major Benefits Of The New Earbuds Redesign, As Explained By Lead Designer Jony Ive [VIDEO]

Always had the silicone "plug" ones for music because they conform well to whatever your ear canals shape is, and stay in...I'll take a look at them at BB...I have a $5 Rewards coupon burning a hole in my pocket ;).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon