Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Smile Zumba

For those of you that have not tried it, you really should. I can honestly say that it's changed my life. I've been losing weight and slimming down. And the crazy thing is that I have been going 5 times a week. And in all my 26 years, I have NEVER liked working out. But, zumba is addictive--and because I tried it, I take a bunch of other classes now. My goal is to get back into shape...the 'pre-cubicle job shape'...and keep it. I've got about 50 lbs to lost--but I've already lost nearly 20.
    Smartphone Journey Thus Far: BB Storm 1 >> BB Storm 2 >> Moto Droid 1 >> Moto Droid X >> HTC Thunderbolt>>Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,107 Global Posts

Default Re: Zumba

Quote Originally Posted by musicandnumbers View Post
    For those of you that have not tried it, you really should. I can honestly say that it's changed my life. I've been losing weight and slimming down. And the crazy thing is that I have been going 5 times a week. And in all my 26 years, I have NEVER liked working out. But, zumba is addictive--and because I tried it, I take a bunch of other classes now. My goal is to get back into shape...the 'pre-cubicle job shape'...and keep it. I've got about 50 lbs to lost--but I've already lost nearly 20.
    Dayum! Well done! I'm still just walking. Knees are a . :-/
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

@Phil--anyone at any fitness level can do zumba. You should think about it! Bring the wife! Bet she'd love to learn to salsa, cha cha, cumbia, mambo, meringue, etc--yes, I can do all those things now!! It's soooo much fun--and it burns a TON of calories! I will NEVER go to a gym again.
    Smartphone Journey Thus Far: BB Storm 1 >> BB Storm 2 >> Moto Droid 1 >> Moto Droid X >> HTC Thunderbolt>>Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

I did something similar about a year ago. I'm not a dancer, but I'm a fighter so I started taking Les Mills Body Combat classes at the local YMCA. All I have to say is wow! Body Combat 3 times a week plus 4-mile elliptical "runs" (because my knees are bad too) have helped me loose 30 pounds! I burn about 1000 cals in a 55 minute BC class. Check out Les Mills to find classes near you!
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,020 Global Posts

I've never tried Zumba, but as Musicandnumbers suggested, try and get your spouce involved too. I know if you have kids, it may be difficult, but I find that I workout better if I have someone to do it with. My wife and I have been hitting the jym for the last month and we are both starting to see rusults!

I can't wait for warmer weather and longer days so I can do more activities outside!!!