Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,969 Global Posts

Default What Android fitness app is everyone using?

Let's hear it. I'm trying Endomondo Pro at the moment.
    Thanked by 2:
    zmann and Maltian like this.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Default Re: What Android fitness app is everyone using?

wife and I just started c25k pro this week.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

myfitness pal pro

This isn't an Android app, but it is a fantastic BB app. Gym Technik. I signed up for a premium plus account 2 weeks before I moved to Android. I already paid for 3 months, so I'm damn well gonna keep using it! Programs are assigned and monitored by a personal trainer (real-life certified trainers, not pretenders behind a keyboard). I have little problem following a plan, but I lose motivation if I have to create it and follow it.

Althought the BB app is easiest to use and a lot more aesthetically pleasing, I still access it through my Skyrocket via the web launcher. They plan to eventually release an Android app, right after they finish up an iOS version. Maybe a little begging to ramp up the Android version would help speed it up.

I use C25K pro, Jog Tracker Pro, Daily Arm workout, Daily **** workout, Daily Leg workout. I just started using the last 3 apps recently. They are ok. But I really like the C25K Pro and Jog Tracker Pro.

Good luck on your fitness journey!

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I've been using CardioTrainer.

It's been a while since I looked at fitness apps. When I was first looking, I was going to the gym and needed an app that could track my treadmill runs. At that time CardioTrainer was one of the few (only?) apps that could track a treadmill run with pedometer type operation (not use the GPS).

I've since started running outside and I could switch apps if I wanted to, but I've stuck with CardioTrainer.

I also run with a polar heart rate monitor. I know I could get a Bluetooth heart rate sensor to use with CardioTrainer or other fitness apps, but I don't really want to have my phone strapped to my wrist so I can see my current heart rate. I guess I'd have to try an arm band some time to see if that works reasonably well for me. For now I'm just sticking to my polar HRM/watch for heart rate.

Currently my phone goes in my pocket while I'm running, with headphones to listen to podcasts while running.

- John
    Helping you move from financial stress to personal significance.

Global Posts
    807 Global Posts

I've been using Endomondo since I was on a Blackberry about a year and a half ago... great, great app.

I've tinkered with Runkeeper a bit, but it lacked a few features Endomondo had that I liked. You really can't go wrong with either though.

I'm a cyclist, so I keep my phone (Galaxy Nexus) in my jersey/jacket pocket.

John, I believe Runkeeper has some heartrate settings to where it sounds an alarm when you're outside a certain threshold. Most of my running buddies swear by it.

I was using gym Technik when I competed in the BB fitness competition. I find it much easier to just use Gnotes to log everything. I find a lot of the other fitness apps to not be quite accurate and really hard to work with if you're doing out of teh ordinary type exercises or set ups.

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus 4, Nexus 7

Runkeeper....Admittedly though, I've been slacking for the last couple of weeks....

coronaboy10 likes this.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Started using Endomondo (free version) yesterday for my walking. So far I like it a lot. Going to try it out on a biking route today.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I'm using MyFitnessPal but am anxiously awaiting a P90X app as that's what my workouts are (a hybrid of P90X and TurboFire, also from Beachbody).

Between my workouts and my new nutrition from mtech.bodybyvi.com I am feeling better than I have EVER! Science and technology (Android apps especially!) make it so much easier!

GO US!

What's the differences between Runkeeper and Endomondo? They both sound great and I can't decide!
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

I've been using Endomondo. Seems to do everything I want and more!

Jefit Pro works really well with weightlifting
    jcprunty likes this.

I like the website for Endomondo, that is how I chose it over runkeeper. Personal taste.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

Global Posts
    807 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lali S View Post
    What's the differences between Runkeeper and Endomondo? They both sound great and I can't decide!
    They are really really similar, lot of features cross over. I know Runkeeper is a little more flexible with the types of workouts (you can do interval training for example), but I think Endo has better social features, and their route/beat your best features are pretty cool too.

It's really a toss up, can't go wrong with either. My biggest gripe with runkeeper was it didn't auto-pause when I was stopped at a light, I think it does now.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts

I use Jogtracker and Endomondo pro. Both have things I enjoy. Either is a good choice. With Endo being more encompassing.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

I use Complete Gym Exercise Guide The drawings are funny. The illustration where it shows the specific muscles or groups looks like Abomination from the Incredible Hulk movie in 2008 I also use Fitness Workouts for Men I like this app because you can watch you tube videos on how to properly preform the exercise.
    Last edited by shhon75; 02-23-2012 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Needed more description

Ima just using My Tracks its been great and Ima planning to run everywhere in my city

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I use MyFitnessPal to log calories, I use Runtastic to log my runs, and the built in music player is my best friend when working out.

I have been using Endomondo since I was back on a Blackberry and I love it. I use it for biking, jogging and walking. Its nice to be able to see all of your workouts and the statistics that they give you on the website! Love it!

I'm using Garmin Fit for cycling, I have the Xperia Active, and it works great, but the calorie count is almost double what the Garmin Edge 500 is reporting. The Fit app recognises the ANT+ hrm and speed/cadence sensors without any extra hardware. The newer Sony phones support ANT+, why the other 'sport/rugged' phones don't support is a big mystery.

I've also tried Strava, endomondo (free) and MapmyRIDE+(free), but i already had a garmin acct, so went with the $0.99 app.

I've been using My Fitness Pal. It's not bad but it seems that are a number of strength training exercises that it doesn't allocate caleries for like pushups, situps, etc.

C25k Pro and Jefit for lifting.
    jimtravis likes this.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I have lost 165 pounds over the last two years. I am not proud to admit I needed to loose that much weight, but am proud I finally lost it. The weight was gained in 5 to 10 pound increments, but over the years, those continuous increments resulted in carrying way too many pounds enough to almost cause my primary care physician to panic.

I have always liked walking, and the only regular exercise I get is walking. Of course, I did not loose 165 pounds just by walking, I did substantially reduce calories as well. I did not take any pills (other than a vitamin pill), or follow any "diet of the day" regimen, I just cut back while still enjoying my favorite foods. By continuing to enjoy my favorite foods, I feel I have to a better chance of keeping the weight off. My main changes are / were: no desserts, no popcorn or candy at the movies (I attend 200 a year), no in-between meal snacks, and most importantly, just an apple or other fruit when I get home vs. all the junk food I used to have. I eat most of my meals out, and still go to my favorite restaurants, and order my favorite meals (without the dessert).

I had tried different pedometers with limited practical use. I did checkout the Fitbit based on your use, and am going to order one probably today. Although I have attained my weight loss goal already, my biggest challenge (and probably most difficult challenge) will be keeping off the weight. In the past, I always regained back any lost weight along with a substantial bonus. If the Fitbit works as advertised, I will try the mobile site, and any Android apps that interface with it. I live in Boston MA, and the T (local pubic transit) is my preferred transit method so I walk at least a couple of miles in the average day although not all at one time. The Fitbit will help ensure I do not slack off with my walking which was an important part of my weight loss regimen.

Good luck with your walking, and I welcome any suggestions on Android apps for fitness with emphasis on walking.

For more information on my weight loss (no viruses, no ads, just relating my weight loss experience):
    Last edited by jimtravis; 02-22-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Typo
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast