Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone own a Galaxy Nexus and use it for exercise?

So...the Galaxy Nexus is a monster. I love the phone, but the screen size is a huge upgrade from my Droid Incredible (3.7"). Does anyone know of an armband that fits this thing? I'm using my iPod right now with Nike+ for my runs, but when it gets nice outside I always bike and use CardioTrainer's GPS. Anyone have any ideas?

ROM
    To embarrassed to say

Default Re: Anyone own a Galaxy Nexus and use it for exercise?

Not sure about you, but strapping anything bigger than an Ipod nano to my arm makes me feel like a ******! There are some bike mounts for phones,
    Amazon.com: RAP-SB-187-UN7U: RAM Universal bike Mount for iPhone 3/4, Samsung Galaxy, HTC Thunderbolt, Incredible, HD7, Motorola Droid, Atrix and other Android Smartphones with bumper or case: GPS & Navigation

Never tried one myself, but I like to mountain bike, and I'm not into smashing my phone. Also, when I ran, I always had better luck putting stuff on my leg. right above my knee. Only problem was a headphone cord long enough to make it down there. I have seen armband holsters for the thunderbolt and Evo, those should fit the gnex.

I use the seidio convert extended combo with just a thick strip of Velcro... It sounds weird but works great strapped to my arm, doesn't move. The case is amazing too, nice thin primary case with optional add on for when I'm at work or working out. I love it. I use it with endomondo and my Bluetooth zypher HxM.

http://www.shopandroid.com/seidio-co...4A145A9747.htm

I just ordered an armband, and I want to use my Nexus for more than just music but the Nike+ doesn't have an android app and the motoactv is really expensive. Any ideas?

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Belly V3.5

I bought an armband off of ebay for my droid x and i've been using it for my galaxy nexus. The top sticks out a little bit, but it is a snug fit and I have no fear of it falling out. Armband is really comfortable so I would suggest checking out ebay for a cheap generic armband for large phones.