Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Codename Android 1.4.0

Default Share your FitBit feelings!

So it looks like a few people have the FitBit and I'm really interested in how that's working out for y'all. At $100, I'm having some trouble making the leap, but it looks like something that would really help me stay motivated. So while I mull over whether or not I can find the $100 for such a fancy little doohicky, I figured I'd ask -

For those of you using the FitBit, how do you feel about it? Has it helped? Do you think you would have progressed as well in your fitness efforts without it? What's your favorite thing about it? Least favorite? I wanna know it all!

Global Posts
    945 Global Posts

Default Re: Share your FitBit feelings!

Great thread, I've been wondering exactly the same thing.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

belniente,

If you got a FitBit, what would you use it for?

- John
    Helping you move from financial stress to personal significance.

I do like my FitBit and use it daily. I bought for a couple of reasons. One being that it seems to be more accurate than a regular pedometer. The other main reason is that it works with my LoseIt! app, which means no cheating. It also gives me a goal to strive for each day which is helpful when you want to lose weight and get into shape.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Codename Android 1.4.0

Quote Originally Posted by bones10 View Post
    belniente,

If you got a FitBit, what would you use it for?

- John
    Motivational tool mostly, I think. I just know the little flower would be like my old Tamagotchi toy, where if it died I would be absolutely devastated lol so I think that would really help me keep moving instead of my usual sit in the chair and forget the hours are passing. I like the idea of beating my own records, and the interesting little "You've climbed x really strange high thing!" achievements with stairs. It'd be fun to know about my sleep habits too, and I'd love to not have to lug around my Galaxy Nexus to track my mileage and the time. And for the times I do carry my phone, I like that the two of them can play nice and share info with apps like Endomondo and MyFitnessPal (though I'd be interested to see if LoseIt! is better for me).

I just feel like it'd really help me optimize fitness without feeling like I'm sacrificing my other responsibilities to do it. I think each individual area it would help me with is not worth $100, but I feel like the overall effect may be worth it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Codename Android 1.4.0

With the lack of Android FitBit feelings, I noticed this FitBit review over on Crackberry today.

http://crackberry.com/track-your-ste...-fitbit-review

It's not bad, good description of what it can do and can't (nothing can actually make you get in shape unless you put the effort in!). Unfortunately after long thought I just can't afford the $100 right now, but maybe over the summer I'll pick one up, if I'm still struggling with my fitness goals.

EDIT To add:

iMore added a FitBit review of their own! It's got mostly the same data, with the same conclusion: Can't do it for you, but can help you get there. Maybe I can find the money for it somewhere...

http://www.imore.com/2012/02/29/fitbit-review/

Aaand the FitBit also got a mention in this CrackBerry article about when mobile technology is too much. In this case, the FitBit was found to be a novelty; interesting at first, but gradually lost its appeal.

http://crackberry.com/mobile-technol...-much-too-much
    Last edited by belniente; 02-29-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks. I was looking at getting some fitness apps. Fitbit seems a bit high though