Best hiking/cycling/outdoors app I've found - Every Trail

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I do a lot of mountain biking and I like to map my own ride as well as find new rides. I've been using Google My Tracks which is a great little app, especially since it's free. But it lacked the social aspect. It's strong on stats, and I like being able to upload my stats to Google Docs/Drive, but there was no real way to share my rides/routes or find new ones. Then I installed Every Trail. This is a GREAT app. Not only does it show maps, but it offers a topographical map as well as satellite and regular map (and on established trails, it shows them on the app). It's strength, however, is in the web site. You can upload your route, but also make comments on it as well as upload pictures that the app automatically locates along your route based upon the Geotag. It allows me to search for new trails/routes in and near my area and allows me to share my rides as well. For anyone who hikes or mountain bikes, you know that all things are relative - what's easy for an experienced rider is difficult for a newbie. This allows you to make the appropriate comments to annotate your ride. AND it gives you directions from your current location to wherever the ride you want to take begins - this is a huge advantage as many trail heads are not well marked or easy to locate. Pretty much all of the basic features of the web site are available in the mobile app, btw. Easily searchable, easily usable, great interface - all around a GREAT app I'm surprised I'd not heard of before - just decided on a whim to search the Play store for "trails" and found it.

Highly, highly, highly recommend this app. Below is a link to a ride I took so you can see the full functionality of the web site (it wasn't one of my best rides as I was sick, but it still serves the purpose).

DuPont - Bridal Veil - Laurel Ridge - Mountain biking trip | EveryTrail

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the app looks great I'll be giving it a try. I have been using MapMyRide which seems to be pretty close to Every trail and has a lot of features on your device.

Zero Hunter

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just tried out Every Trail and it's great! And it's a great way to find other trails around my area too. I'm going to check out the others that were listed here as well and see, but so far I really like Every Trail.