Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: CONTEST: Exercise MY way -- how I use my Android phone or tablet to stay in shape!

I use my Samsung Galaxy S2 everyday on my bike rides. I use Cardio Trainer to track my rides and play music. I use my fitness pal to track my intake.

I have been playing with Endomondo a bit and running it on my tablet while I am spinning on my indoor trainer and comparing it to Cardio Trainer. I am also checking out Garmin Fit. Just always trying to find the best Option.

So far with using my phone to track my workouts and intake I have lost almost 100 pounds.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

Default Re: CONTEST: Exercise MY way -- how I use my Android phone or tablet to stay in shape!

I use the Loseit! app to track my calorie intake and also use Endomondo Pro for bike rides and runs.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous ROM 1.02

I use Endomondo + the Zephyr HxM to track my workouts.
    Currently doing Archery and running (separately ofcourse). I'm planning on picking up insanity to go with the workout and combine that together.
    the Zephyr and Endomondo seem to work pretty darn well and shows how my heart rate as I ran so I can tell if I'm trying too hard or not hard enough. It also helps me judge my performance as I do my workout so I can tell if i'm slacking off or not on each given workout.

I also hook it up to my plantronics backbeats 903+ for music playback at the same time. so far the sgs3 doesn't have a problem handling the hrm and bluetooth headset at the same time.

I use my MotoACTV for my daily steps and for real time data on my runs. I use Nike+ for my runs on my Note 2. I also use the 100 pushups app on my Nexus 7.

I use endomondo on windows phone 7.8 but i know it's not the best. i was using runkeeper on my old android and that app performed better.

The following the phone apps I use are:
    - Map My Run
    - Map My Ride
    - Fm Radio
    - Google maps
    - Split calculator
    - Bodbot

When I go running on a new route map my run is handy as it gets the gps location of where I go, distance, pace time etc, similar to map my ride exactly the same except its now obsolete as i bought a new bike computer. My Fm radio acts as my music as well when my hard drive broke all my music went with it. I actually don't mind it. My earphones broke today so its not working too well hearing wise so the win might be handy for that. Google Maps. Helpful when you get lost. Now for Split Calculators. It calculates the averages per 500m I have to hold for rowing for my goal times, even though when worried I do like to draw out a time table of a bad time split and its final result to a world record result just to kill nerves. Now for Bodbot, while I am wishing to get fit again to commence the new season - I didn't want to jump into the national season unfit so I am waiting till club season, it programs the amount of cardio/weights i should be doing. You select what equipment you have, time, sessions etc and it makes a work out for you.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

ROM
    Stock Rooted

I've lost 25 lbs in less than a year using MyFitnessPal, MapMyRide & MapMyRun, and most recently Nike+ (for indoor running) on my GS3. MFP helped me realize how many calories I was actually eating and pair that down to reasonable portions. The others keep me on target during runs / rides while motivating me with my favorite running songs. Can't wait to try them out in my first Half-Marathon in a month! I never had a much desire to get healthier but when you combine a little desire with cool technology it almost makes it fun... A gym membership doesn't hurt either!
    gksmithlcw likes this.

I use my Droid Bionic to track food and exercise and entertain while working out. I use SportsTracker when Im walking or biking. I listen to podcasts on double Twist or Pandora. Then I use the SparkPeople app to track food and anerobic exercise.
    My next purchase will be a set of Bluetooth headphones, the LG Tone Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset, from Amazon. My wife has a set of these and loves the fit and sound quality.

Good luck on your exercise journey!

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

I use cardio trainer to track my walks and runs and also use my fitness pal to log calories eaten and calories lost. Great combo.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12