CONTEST: Stepping up - Day 3!

Rene Ritchie

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
It's day 3! What exercise have you done today? What are you planning to do?

--

February is fitness month at Mobile Nations, and you know what that means? we all get together to get in shape, share tips and tricks and recipes for success, review amazing apps and accessories, give away great prizes, and have a ton of fun!

This here is as our first contest, STEPPING UP! Every day this week there'll be a thread right here in the forums -- starting with this one! -- and all you have to do to enter to win is tell us what exercise or activity you did today. It can be walking or running, playing soccer or doing yoga, swimming or dancing -- anything that makes you move. If you have a Fitbit, Nike Fuelband, JAWBONE UP, or any gadget with a pedometer, you can simply share your results!

At the end of each day, we'll pick one winner and give them a $20 gift certificate. How's that for motivation?!

So get ready, and get posting in the thread below!

Shay D. Life

Android Advocate
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Great contest. Washed my dirty truck this morning. That was a workout since I haven't washed it in weeks. Also, I decided to walk to the library that's three blocks away instead of drive. Can't remember the last time I've walked anywhere.

Bulldog1377

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm taking this year a bit more serious but I have been religious in maintaining my schedule and diet. Using MyFitnessPal to track my calories and the mix of proteins, carbs and fats, I have got the goal daily for the past 45 days. I am also doing cardio for 30 to 50 minutes a day and talking my progress through Garmin Connect. So far, I have dropped 16 pounds and have signed up for a 5k in May to keep myself motivated and on track.

I like to use technology to motivate me so I do splurge from time to time and $20 would come in handy for a new app or some updated music.

Sent from Galaxy Note 2!

the tree

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Cardio day @ lunch
Ran 3 miles @ 8 minute pace
Listened to music via Google play, had my heart rate monitor on my Garmin 405+strap

it was a good day.

chrisfl1963

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got back from walking my 106 lbs Golden Doodle and 76 lbs Labradoodle for a 1.62 mile walk.Two work outs in one, the walk and the upper body trying to keep them away from other dogs. :)

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I run after 2 year olds all day. Now running on the treadmill (up to 6 miles so far....) then 100 flights on stair machine. :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

jackbcohen2

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Today I ran after school with my Motorola Droid with Zombies, Run!

Mission-19: An Unimportant Mission
An Everyday Run

Distance: 2.92 mi
Duration: 29:24
Average Speed: 5.96 mi/h
Average Pace: 10:04 min/mi
Calories: 203
Supplies: 5 collected

Yay feeling good! Ran all week so far... Thanks Mobile Nations for getting me off my butt!

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Checking if I have coaching tonight, If so it will be 1 hour's worth of running there/back or wise ill have a light day do a 40km ride or 25 minute run.
If I do have coaching I'll probably do a bit of weighyts and or the same work load as the juniors.

Update: Today was a relax 25minute run.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2