Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Replacement for Cardio Trainer?

Seeing as Cardio Trainer has not been updated for a year and the developers have no plans to update it in the near future I am looking for a replacement.

I do a lot of cycling but also do indoor spinning on the trainer and some other workouts. I am looking for something that will track my workouts, calories burned, time, etc. And be able to enter workouts manually

I'm not looking for Strava I do not like it. The optimal app would be Cardio Trainer, Google Maps, Navigator all combined into one.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

Default Re: Replacement for Cardio Trainer?

Mapmyride is better for when on the bike - but i do find when the gps cuts out it screws up like hell.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah I have used Map My Ride but was not real impressed with it. Been giving Endomondo a try and it does not seem to bad. Always looking for better however.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,384 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I currently use MapMyRide when biking outside and haven't had any GPS issue but its been a few months since using because I can't ride on the snow in Michigan. I too do spinning classes amoung many other cardio and track all the calories burned using Myfitnesspro then transfer to a spreadsheet to keep track of total calories, steps, miles run and biked.

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    I currently use MapMyRide when biking outside and haven't had any GPS issue but its been a few months since using because I can't ride on the snow in Michigan. I too do spinning classes amoung many other cardio and track all the calories burned using Myfitnesspro then transfer to a spreadsheet to keep track of total calories, steps, miles run and biked.
    MapMyRide would be best option, and also appreciate Myfitnesspro for the calorie burned tracking . Thanks for this reply.
    Online calorie burn calculators are also available .
    Thanked by:

Thumbs up Re: Replacement for Cardio Trainer?

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pmac25 View Post
    been updated for a year and the developers have no plans to update it in the near future I am looking for a replacement.
    They moved on to Noom Weight Loss Coach, which includes all of the features of CardioTrainer(under Logbook you can find the thing to start your workout). I've been using it for a week or so after being annoyed about the lack of updates myself.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

What about My Fitness Pal? I love it!
    I use it to track my weight, meals and workouts!