Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jean15paul
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    iMore Editor

Global Posts
    2,436 Global Posts

Default CONTEST: Resting up - Day 1!

It's Fitness Month week 3, and that means sleep and relaxation, and that means our Resting Up contest! Every day this week there'll be a thread in our health and fitness forums, and all you have to do to enter is tell us what you did to rest that day -- sleep, naps, meditation, breathing. The idea is to get a little community pressure going so we all get enough sleep at night, and enough breaks during the day. If you have a sleep tracker or any other app or device that helps you out, you can simply share your results each day!

This is a great way to keep us all motivated and accountable, and get a little healthy peer-pressure going! Plus, every day you enter is a chance to win a $20 gift certificate! How's that for motivation?!

So get ready, and get posting in the thread below!

Default Re: CONTEST: Resting up - Day 1!

Today, I slept in a little bit (Happy President's Day!) and I am planning on going to bed a little earlier tonight. I will also go for a run to help me sleep better tonight and maybe take a nap if I get lucky.:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:
    Software Engineer

Global Posts
    1,889 Global Posts

Mondays are usually light on sleep for me and today was no exception. I hit the sack at 10:45p and got up @ 5:30p for approximately 6.5 hours of sleep. I'm not usually one to nap or meditate because I just don't have the time unless its for a religious ritual and, even then, I don't spend more than 10 or 15 minutes on it, usually. I intend to be in bed by 10 tonight, maybe earlier. :-)

Slept pretty good last night, but only got about 5.5 hours ... dang day job + side business.

The rest of the week should be better.
    gksmithlcw likes this.

Not enough. Sleep well enough but got home late so I had to unpack everything and wash my sheets before I went to bed. Mix that with I started playing my 360 so I only got 6 hours in.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Sleeping okay, though the dogs keep waking me up to try to get under the covers. Brats.

My one problem is that I'm dealing with a lot of stressors right now, so I find myself needing to take a half of a Tramadol in order to relax enough to nod off. I really want to end this, but for the time being, it's proven to be a godsend. The working out I've started definitely is helping to ease my relaxation at night though, so hopefully I can stop taking a sleep aid sooner rather than later.

The building I live in is starting an onsite Yoga class, weekly, on Wednesdays. Even though I have all the physical flexibility of a flagpole, I'm planning to give it a shot and see if that helps as well.

my alarm went of at 5am as usual but I decided to go back to sleep until 7, then I went to the gym.

Sleep was pretty average, went to be at 9ish woke up at 1am for some reason then went back to sleep to a call from my girlfriend at 6 (she was going to her training) then allowed me go back to sleep for me then to wake up at 8 and panic/race to uni!