Apologies if this turn into a long winded rant but i need to get this off my chest.
    I am a keen martial artist and use this as a way to keep fit. I used to use a Fitbit HR to monitor my exercises in detail, it was a great piece of kit and a fantastic app.

For Christmas i got the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier smart watch. It is an awsome piece of kit with build in G:PS which mean if I want to go for a run I can do so without having to take my phone. It also means that if i go to workout and have my phone nearby I can receive and send calls and texts if i wish.

What lets it down is Samsung Health. the application is fantastic for walking, running and cycling but is complete dog turd for martial arts. First of all Martial arts does not show up as an option on the Gear S3 and telling the main application on my phone that i have just spent an hour doing martial arts gives no useful information. in the calories it thinks you should have burnt are way out.

I tried using the "other workout" option on the Gear S3 but this does not support the heart rate monitor. Why??? Why does Samsung think we only want a detailed workout report for walking running and cycling? Surely this is not a difficult issue to fix. I am seriously now contemplating selling my nice smart watch and buying another FitBit HR and normal watch.

Anybody thinking about using Samsung Health for anything other than running walking or cycling I would recommend steering clear and getting a fitbit until Samsung sorts these issues out.
    04-13-2017 11:39 AM