KANG######THIS ROM IS UNOFFICIAL######KANG

This Rom Really Lives Up To Its Name. Very Nice Job By LiquidSmooth

All Credit, Thanks & Donations need to go to these guys:

LiquidSmooth-LiquidSmooth G+
randomblame- TakTik Rom
delorespark- DOPA Rom
davepmer- CM-11

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!!!!!
NOT MY FAULT IF YOU BRICK YOUR TABLET!!!!!
YADA YADA YADA!!!!

m470 Source- https://github.com/bdadd34
LiquidSmooth Source- https://github.com/LiquidSmooth

Download Link- LS-KK-v3.0-2014-03-31-m470.zip | LS-KK-v3.0-2014-03-31-m470.zip | by bdadd34 for Generic Device
md5- 8029b10e8bf6d5aa8b68c61e90e0956a

newest build- http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407585219
md5- a91b6ca5d424c93bf93a8e8bd8d52e82

Download your favorite 4.4.2 gapps-
PA Gapps [GAPPS][4.4.x/4.3.x] OFFICIAL 0-Day PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROMs) [2014-03-29] - xda-developers
Slim Gapps http://www.slimroms.net/.../addons4-4

Boot to recovery--use one of randomblames recoveries either one should work fine.
wipe data and format system
flash rom
flash gapps
Enjoy

overclock boot zip-- 1.5ghz cpu w/oc gpu...added sio sched. and built with sabormod toolchain. http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407592244

Last edited:

vettejock99

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Seeing behavior I've seen before, but not for a while. Flashed this over PAC (as it is also CM11-based) and wiped dalvik/cache. Cannot turn on my wifi any more. Any idea how to fix this? I was really looking forward to trying and it otherwise seems really smooth. Thanks!

jdremler

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
very solid rom probably one of the best that I've seen for this device so far. I did a clean flash and wifi was completely jacked for me. couldn't get it to turn on then I couldn't get it to turn off then it just wouldn't connect. so there is a number of issues that I had with the wifi. each time having to reboot to try to fix. sometimes the reboot works sometimes it doesn't. As far as I know I didn't have a bad download. I always down the download roms twice and match md5s just to be safe.other than that though very solid and I like it very much.

diveoz

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Bdadd for the ROM. It's the best I"be run. I did a clean flash and reinstalled apps using a titanium update zip with just user apps and their data.
WiFi has been solid for me with only limited hesitation connecting to a network, but no other wifi issues.

I did run into a big one yesterday which may force me to switch ROMs. When i open dropbox it does nothing. Then when I try a second time I get a toast message saying Unfortunately Dropbox Has Stopped. Uninstalling and reinstalling has not solve it. Any thoughts?

bdadd34

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
new update in op...new sync and updated vendor blobs from delorespark...let me know if wifi is better for everyone, I haven't had problems with it. ill test dropbox when i get a chance.

Tim Campbell1

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks I'm downloading it now. I'll flash it tonight and let you know. I appreciate all of your work. I'm running the liquid smooth blood that you built with no issues at all. That ROM is awesome. Great job.

Radon_22

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Did a clean install of this today. It definitely lives up to it's name.

There's a daunting amount of tweaks under the settings tab, many feeling like an integrated version of GravityBox or something. I'm not a fan of some of the extras (Omniswitch, etc.), but they are all turned off by default. I'm also not a fan of the launcher, but that's an easy fix. :) On-The-Go is a neat trick- it's my first experience with it, and it's pretty funny to sit in a break room looking like you're reading.

All that aside, this with the minimal Slim GApps is one wickedly fast ROM. App switching feels like a much higher-end device. No WiFi issues here, but then again I did a completely clean flash. I'm debating between this and Dolorespark's new ROM as my daily driver, but this one is definitely faster.

Overall, this is very, very nice. Great job!

Last edited:

diveoz

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Bdadd!
I installed the update with a clean flash and my dropbox issue is gone.
The new version looks good. I had no WiFi issues on startup and everything appears stable. Will report back!

Thanks for your efforts! I love stepchild devices like the Sero 7, mostly due to value/price, but the downside is that official updates are few and far between. We users then look to devs like yourself to fill the gap. All this is to say thank you for all you have done and will continue to do to make our devices an even better value and device.
Cheers!
Diveoz

Last edited:

bdadd34

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the lack of oc kernel..my USB port broke so I can't test..I have a second tablet I loaned to a friend that I'm trying to get back. As soon as I get it back I will work on the kernel. I have some kernels I built a while back I'll try to go through tonight and see if I have any for liquid smooth..I just hate posting stuff without testing.

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

bigmac11

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
No big deal and thank you for the reply and the excellent rom :)

EDIT question for you, did you ever post this on XDA? If you didn't you should as it doesn't suffer from WIFI or GPS issues unlike all the others I've tried.

Last edited:

rztyle

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just want to say thanks!! I got my tablet during black friday last year and never touch it until I tested your rom and my experience so far is awesome!! Thank you and keep up the good work my friend!

gidry

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm having WiFi issues as well. Reflashing didn't seem to help. Wifi works for a while, then stops, can't turn it back on unless I reboot.

Otherwise fantastic ROM, thanks.

bdadd34

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
anybody having wifi issues please post your router info...I'm curious if it could be router related. Cant test for my self yet :( My wife's good friend has my other sero 7 and I'm even willing to loan her my nexus 7 in place of it...I think maybe my wife is enjoying my sabbatical...lol....I am not !
I think I will build an update tonight just so I can stare at it compiling for a while.
If I do I'll post it for anyone who wants to test.:)

No big deal and thank you for the reply and the excellent rom :)

EDIT question for you, did you ever post this on XDA? If you didn't you should as it doesn't suffer from WIFI or GPS issues unlike all the others I've tried.
I have a gummy thread I started a while back and carbon and ls blood version links there but I don't plan on doing anymore threads on xda unless the sero 7 gets its own home there.
Also anyone who wants to build one of these roms and do a thread or any other rom for that matter let me know im happy to help. One of the three I have built would be great for a beginner as I have the device repo changes made and deloresparks kernel and vendor repos are solid. Its all on github...You must build on linux for me to help.

Last edited:

gidry

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
anybody having wifi issues please post your router info

It's happening on both routers I've connected to, at home with my Linksys WRT54G and at work where there's a Cisco router that I have no idea what the model number is. It's a university, so I do not manage that network.

Rawb0Ss

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for this awesome rom ! I had this tablet sitting for about 6months with xboxexperts rom on it. I rerooted it with the themed twrp and installed this rom flawlessly. It looks and runs smooth. I have not been able to test everything yet, but so far everything is working just fine, no issues with wifi. Still need to test hdmi to tv, and bluetooth though.

It looks like the default launcher is launcher3 ? and google now has their own version of a launcher? Is launcher3 the way to go or an alternative like Apex, or its just personal preference?

Last edited:

bdadd34

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for this awesome rom ! I had this tablet sitting for about 6months with xboxexperts rom on it. I rerooted it with the themed twrp and installed this rom flawlessly. It looks and runs smooth. I have not been able to test everything yet, but so far everything is working just fine, no issues with wifi. Still need to test hdmi to tv, and bluetooth though.

It looks like the default launcher is launcher3 ? and google now has their own version of a launcher? Is launcher3 the way to go or an alternative like Apex, or its just personal preference?

I use the Google now launcher but its a preference thing so try out a couple and use the one you like best.

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney