How To Get Internal Files With A Broken Screen?

ChrisTen15

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, I would love help.
I broke my Sero 7 tablet screen a while back and while I had most my music on my SD card, I didn't have my pictures, videos, and other important files onto it. Funny this is I was moving them to the SD when the screen messed up, not funny but whatever.
Anyway the screen isn't completely broken. Only the left side is. I normally have screen rotate off and I lie down in bed and used the tablet and didn't feel like seeing the screen sideways so the rotation was always locked so that's exhausted. My mother never informed me that my dad sent the warranty information and she doesn't know where it's at so that's done for. Also she won't help me pay to get it fixed, so I'm at a loss. I just want some pictures on it of certain people and things.
Is there any possible way I can unlock the screen and get my files from it? I just REALLY want a few files on it such as emails, phone numbers, contacts, to-do lists with links I STILL need, pictures, videos, a few songs, and just other crap I had on it. I think I had college information too but I don't know.
Should I try disconntecting the screen and getting the information that way?
Is there a way I can connect my laptop to the tablet and use the mouse?
I can't do the whole USB thing as I need to unlock the screen and select the option, which I can't do because I can't unlock the screen!
Any help or am I screwed and better off trying to go to a shop?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Should I try disconntecting the screen and getting the information that way?
Only if you have another screen to connect.

Is there a way I can connect my laptop to the tablet and use the mouse?
You can use an OTG cable to connect the mouse to the tablet. (The 88 cent shipping included Chinese ones are just as good as the $39,95 name brand ones - it's 2 connectors and a cable. Look on eBay. The cheap ones just take longer to get to you than running to the store.) Plug the cable into the tablet, plug a USB mouse into the cable and you have access. Tap is left button, long-press is right button and moving the mouse should move the mouse pointer.

ChrisTen15

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Okay. When I get some cash I'll let you know if this worked. I would have already tried the mouse but I kinda had a moment of anger and stomped on my mouse. Luckily it was $10 so I wasn't too mad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463