Why can't I preview Google Music on Hisense Sero 8?

missmotorhead

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Can't preview Google Music on Hisense Sero 8

Every time I go to check out some new tunes, I get a white triangle with a red exclamation point to the left of the song I am trying to preview. I have plenty of memory left so don't think that's the issue. I haven't been able to figure out what the problem is or how to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't preview Google Music on Hisense Sero 8

Does everything else work when it comes to Google apps?

Maybe your Google Play Services need to be updated. What version do you have? Check in Settings>Apps>All, and select Google Play Services. I'm currently on 6.7.76, although I believe the latest version is 7.0.93 (Google Play Services updates are rolled out, like other system updates).

missmotorhead

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for your response.

No app comes up for Google Play Services. I go to Google Play Store/Settings and it shows a Build Version of 5.2.13. I tap on it and it says that it is up to date. I also checked Google Play Music and it shows version 5.8.1810R.

Google Play Music has given me this error from the day I bought this tablet. Hisense is saying I should do a full reboot which I see no point of since it has never worked.

Do you know what that error is? The white triangle with the red exclamation point?

Thanks again!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Google Play Services needs to be present in order for other Google apps to function properly. Are you sure it isn't there? Make sure you're looking in the "All" list of Settings>Apps​.

missmotorhead

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

Sorry, I was going to the Google Store App and looking up the apps that way. I found it where you said it was. Blonde moment, oops. And the version is 6.7.76. If I clear the cache, will I lose any music or apps? What about clearing the data?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Clearing the cache is safe, but clearing the data can be a bit risky. Your version of Google Play Services is relatively old (the current version is 7.2.40), but I'm not sure how to get it to update. If you go to the Google Play Services app page on Google Play Store, you might be able to update it there, but it seems variable--for my devices, it never gives me that option. You could also manually install the apk file--there's a link here: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/03/0...out-with-new-places-google-fit-apis-and-more/

missmotorhead

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

Ok, I downloaded it. When I went to open it, it said "scan for viruses" and an error came up:

Parse error: There was a problem parsing the package.

Grrrr...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Do you have an antivirus app installed? Try uninstalling it or deactivating it.

missmotorhead

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site

I uninstalled the Avira app and shut down the tablet. Restarted and tried to open the downloaded file again. I still got the same Parsing error. I just don't what I am missing. I am usually very technically able...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae