Honor 5X: Camera shots! Show us your pictures

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: 5x: Camera shots! Show us your pictures

I'll post a few.... now that I have my hands on one (thanks to the kind people at Honor).

Here's my EXTREMELY scientific photographic test set up... with the help of my find assistant...

It didn't do too bad, actually. The only other phone I can compare it to at the moment is the 6P (which isn't that fair a comparison). But for the price/class, this did a pretty good job. The color balance is decent, exposure is good... did a decent job of preserving detail. I'll take some more shots in different conditions...

Oh, by the way, the quality of these pics seemed a little familiar... I compared them to my Nexus 6 and a lot of the characteristics were extremely similar.. detail, amount of noise, even the exposure and ISO settings were nearly identical. Sure enough, the Honor 5X is packing the same Sony Exmor RS IMX214 sensor as what they stuffed in the Nexus 6, among others. That's a good thing... While my older Nexus 6 might not be able to match up with my new 6P, it still served me well... Though, the Nexus 6 does have the advantage of OIS, and the Honor doesn't have the Nexus line's HDR+ mode (which is works wonders)... still, seem promising for a phone in this segment.

5X.jpg

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: 5x: Camera shots! Show us your pictures

Full disclosure: device was provided to me by Mobile Nations via Honor.

QZgNsQb.jpg

saWpiP2.jpg

saWpiP2.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The tree picture looks great!

Flower looks a bit pixelated but expected due to heavy digital zoom