Blu vivo 5 or Honor 5x?

Erika Y

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I've been looking at these two phones but have been unuable to decide. The Blu has more storage and ram, but a lower screen resolution and no fingerprint scanner. However the acreen is amoled and the phone will probably have smoother performance. I just need an outside opinion before I make a choice.

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I am wondering the same thing. I have a Nexus 6, but need something smaller and cheaper for work. I will be watching this

Posted via the Android Central App

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I struggled with this too. In the end, I went for the Blu Vivo 5 in Gold. I should be getting it tomorrow in the mail. Here is why:

1. I have learned not to go by specs only. My Moto G3 2015 is superb. The specs would suggest its not that good but it is. Also, in the end its the user experience that counts, not the specs. For example, great specs and screen with a terrible battery is a deal breaker. I know so many people who end up turning down their screen brightness, turn off location, turn off bluetooth, turn off wifi, to conserve power. Not very good user experience.

2. I feel the on screen buttons take up too much screen. So I wanted buttons at the bottom that are not on the screen.

3. I would like the fingerprint scanner. But felt it was a reasonable tradeoff for the Amoled screen and extra ram----these always make a big difference.

4. Some user forum folks on the Honor 5X complain about lag. I ahve not heard this about the Blu Vivo 5. But maybe its just too early.

5. Extra storage space.

6. The UI from Blu is pretty good. I will install Apex Launcher so I have an app drawer and then the rest will still apply.

7. The build quality on the Blu is a bit better.

8. I ordered from Amazon Prime and will return the device if its not as good as I hope.

Erika Y

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered the Vivo. I really like the honor cause of the scanner, but the lag... Idk if I could deal with it. I can't want for my Vivo to come :)

Last edited:

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Two days in and I am impressed. I miss the scanner too and avoided the Honor 5x b/c of lag, no AMOLED screen, and less space 16gb.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I have been testing everyday and noting everything here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/bl...blu-vivo-5-who-s-getting-one.html#post5027084.

So far I am very happy. Again not b/c its = to a $700 phone. But b/c for $200 bucks you get a phone that runs like a $450 phone. There are several other options these days too. But that is the best part about spending only $200 as you can always move on to the next after a year given the advances adn price drops.

beandroid2016

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
For the vivo 5, does both sim card support 4g like the honor 5x? Does it has a separate SD card slot like the honor 5x?
Thanks

Sean Fanelli

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I've had no lag with my honor, I stayed away from vivo because they almost never update, I've already had an update less than a month after purchasing this phone

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
That makes sense and agree on the update point. One thing though. I had kitkat, lolipop, and marshmallow in the past. None of them lived up to the hype. And also noticed custom UIs can be better. For example, the camera app, shortcut menus, and power management on the BLU Vivo 5 are better than stock marshmallow.

The UI combine with customization apps is just something to consider too is my point over having an updated OS especially when the OS tends to be minor enhancements overall.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. This helps a lot. Also I have been providing an extensive update in another thread here (Blu Vivo Who is Getting One). So far the phone is great one week in.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't buy another phone Blu if you paid me. Thwre hardware and customer service sucks

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't buy another phone Blu if you paid me. Thwre hardware and customer service sucks

I can't comment on their support, but I have the vivo xl which I paid $100 for and had no problems so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy