Promised Security Updates and inexistent Honor Support?

Franz Schenk

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Honor promised regular security updates for the 5x. Since January, Google released 4 security updates for Android 5.x and 6.x, Honor didn't released one. And Honor support simply doesn't exist: My Email request about this subject (and another Email about Wifi problems) and several Twitter feeds @HonorEU are simply ignored.

Has anybody other experiences or information?

Franz

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't gotten any security updates since launch, if that is what you are asking. Honor reps do read the forums. Hopefully one can respond soon to your inquiry.

slider1987

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
The Problem is, that they have to test it with all the features of the phone and it's not easy to do this in a short time. When they roll out the update now all is fine. I think it's better, when they roll out a good Software a little bit later, than rolling out Bad Software earlier. But i realy hope,that they roll out Android marshmallow. If they not, i would be very angry^^ the phone is still great. I never needed the support, but it seems to be very bad. No answer to questions is realy annoying :-(

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Problem is, that they have to test it with all the features of the phone and it's not easy to do this in a short time. When they roll out the update now all is fine. I think it's better, when they roll out a good Software a little bit later, than rolling out Bad Software earlier. But i realy hope,that they roll out Android marshmallow. If they not, i would be very angry^^ the phone is still great. I never needed the support, but it seems to be very bad. No answer to questions is realy annoying :-(
My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5 got marshmallow last month. It is a bad sign when a carrier specific phone gets a major update before an unlocked carrier free phone gets an update since it has to go through the manufacturer and through the carrier approval process whereas the h5x only has to go through the carrier.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc