honor 5x: bad video streaming quality

kofman13

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey all just got my first android phone and it's a huawei honor 5x. I have an iphone 6 but got this phone cheap to try out android for a month and return it. So far love android and I may get a flagship soon. but when using the Netflix, HBO go, and even youtube app, the quality keeps changing from unwatchable below 320p to grainy "standard definition". Sometimes it gets sharper but never full HD. Anyone else have this problem? Playback is perfect with Netflix on my iPhone 6 and iPad and also my ps4. I am trying to figure out of this is a poorly optimized android app thing, or is it just this crap $200 budget phone that doesnt have the CPU and GPU needed for fast and smooth video streaming? I think it could also maybe be that this phone can only connect to my 2.4ghz band WiFi because this phone doesn't have 5ghz. And speed test showing im only getting 2-3mbps on WiFi sometimes. video streaming seems to be better on LTE but still not HD most of the time, especially netflix. Want to figure out if this is an android thing, before i splurge on a S7 edge or something

slider1987

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Hey,
i got the honor 5x too and it works great. Streaming in 1080p full HD is very smooth. Quality is perfect. I am using it with YouTube and amazon instant Video. The 2,4 GHz Band, CPU and GPU is enough for HD streaming. 2-3mbps can be a reason for the bad quality...is it the same, when you are next to the Router? Also in LTE it should work great. Please check if you have any energy saving mode activated.

slider1987

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Try to change your power saving mode like in the picture. I am using the honor 5x too and it works great. Streaming works in perfect quality.

Attachments

• 1459455049380.jpg
    1459455049380.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 8