Honor 5X and a commitment to updates

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%2Fus%2Fsoftware-update-policy&token=8347lS-W

Honor is committed to providing the best possible experience for our customers.

• From this year 2016, we are making a commitment to provide customers with access to new features (at least once every three months during the first 12 months) for at least 24 months following each product launch.
  • We will keep providing access to security and software updates to fix bugs and enhance user experience in a timely manner.
  • Beyond this period we will continue to provide updates in response to any threats to user safety and security.
  • Our goal is to ensure customers have the best and safest possible experience on their Honor device.

Devices covered by this policy include honor 5X and honor 8.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Good reasons to buy devices from Honor if they hold true to this policy.
The company sure seems to be trying to do and say the right things.

lumivalo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Android Nougat has been publicly confirmed for the Honor 5X

With a two-year update guarantee, Android Nougat has been guaranteed to come to the Honor 5X.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android Nougat has been publicly confirmed for the Honor 5X

That's nice to hear! But my 5X is still stuck on Lollipop.:-\ I only use it on wi-fi (it has no SIM), but that shouldn't matter, since it's not a carrier-specific device. HiSuite also doesn't identify any available updates. I've looked at the firmware downloads on the Honor site, but they all seem to be specifically for India or China (I'm in the US).

jrivera86

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android Nougat has been publicly confirmed for the Honor 5X

Go to support and you will find the latest update for your phone (if you are in the US it is KIW-L24.) Download to your computer, extract the zip file and you will find in the "software" file, a file called Dload. Connect the phone to your computer and when you see your phone as a disk, copy the Dload folder to the root file of your phone. Go to updater, and you will have the option called "local update". It will find the update you just copied and start the upgrade to marshmallow. Hope this helps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, jrivera86! It's interesting--the last time I checked that site, I only saw update for India and China. But now I see the updates for the US. I'm pretty sure I had entered the correct information last time as well. Oh well, at least I see them now! I'll see how the update process goes.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21