Honor 5X and Cricket, are they compatible?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I've been researching half the night until I finally gave up and got a few hours of sleep. I've been unable to get my new 5X to show service with Cricket. Cricket is basically AT&T so I know all is good. What my question is that do I need the larger SIM card to use in this case as this device has dual SIM trays but separate. The first being for a larger SIM card. I currently have my small SIM card in the second tray with my SD card. It's recognizing it as the second SIM. I've not had this issue before and am seeking some knowledge and advice if you all don't mind. Is there a way to default the second SIM tray as the main reader or will I have to go to Cricket and have them program me a larger SIM card for the first tray? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

blak8830

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I use a 5X on Consumer Cellular(also AT&T), using the smaller SIM, with no issues, but I believe I did need to manually edit the APN settings to get it to work.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I use a 5X on Consumer Cellular(also AT&T), using the smaller SIM, with no issues, but I believe I did need to manually edit the APN settings to get it to work.
Thanks a bunch. I ran by Cricket today and got a larger SIM tray and placed it in tray one and it solved the issue immediately. Either I missed the function to be able set tray two as the main default or there isn't a setting for that on the 5X. Although I think the 5X is an impressive device for the money no doubt, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on the Huawei Mate 9 with the 5.9 inch screen. I can't seem to shake it from my mind going in two weeks now so that's a huge indication it maybe a device I have by next week. I actually won the 5X here on the forums which came out of nowhere. I had no idea I was even competing for a contest. Android Central is great and I deeply appreciate the ones who chose me. My main phone is the Honor 8 so the 5X is quite a step down but it's also my second phone and number. I like to keep one average sized phone and one larger sized phone. The Mate 9 is drawing me in quick lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma