Can you disable the "do not cover the top of your phone" msg?

A

AC Question

My son has an Honor 7 and wants to wear it in a plastic/elastic armband when he goes for a jog. But when he puts the phone in the plastic case, he gets the message "do not cover the top of the screen - Make sure the screen is clean - You can also press the power and volume buttons to disable this mode". But this does not help. Any suggestions?

swebeer

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
My son has an Honor 7 and wants to wear it in a plastic/elastic armband when he goes for a jog. But when he puts the phone in the plastic case, he gets the message "do not cover the top of the screen - Make sure the screen is clean - You can also press the power and volume buttons to disable this mode". But this does not help. Any suggestions?
I'm very interested knowing that too.

Kamajabu

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, have same problem. I just turn off blocking but still when I want to change something on phone then I need to fold back top of armband. I think it's impossible to change that without root. Or he can use transparent armband.

AKKW

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
So would I.
It's a really really really annoying feature that some muppet of a developer decided to design in.
I have a transparent armband, and a transparent bike case, and it still does it.
It's also a pain with the buttons on my P8 to disable it EVERY ********** time GRRRR! :-

Jessica Tim Hamman

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
The feature is supposed to be for when you have it in your pocket or in a bag so that you don't butt dial somebody or so it doesn't change your settings or call somebody or charge your account that's what it's for and you can disable that is called touch in your settings so that "Muppet" of a developer actually cure the but the problem other than having a phone lock on or a password cuz a lot of people don't do that we ain't got nothing to hide we put the locks on our PayPal XD you would have been thanking that "muppet" like 10 years ago

SaskiaH1234

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
I tried the "settings" and click smart assist- but I do not have a smart assist option in my settings..

Is their any other way I can do this?

Pitfall_Jake

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
"Smart assist" is just the title of that group of settings selections (on my phone at least). For me the switch to turn it off is the "More..." selection under the smart assist heading.

clintbx

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I'm having this issue too. It wasn't a big deal before but now, it started doing it when its in my bike's phone mount.

My phone mount doesn't even cover much of the top. Just the corners of the phone. I kinda need out to map check for my courier work.

clintbx

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
I think I just found it. I'm using a huawei y3ii and under accessibility, I found anti-inadvertently function. Turned it off and now I'm free again. :)

Last edited:

samir sherwani

May 18, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I'm having this issue too. It wasn't a big deal before but now, it started doing it when its in my bike's phone mount.

My phone mount doesn't even cover much of the top. Just the corners of the phone. I kinda need out to map check for my courier work.

Screenshot_2015-01-01-02-16-21.png
Screenshot_2015-01-01-02-16-29.png
do as me
pray for me ^_^ :)

SuperEgor

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site

just disable Settings -> Accessibility - Palm rejection - turn off

emz74

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
If you have a Huawei Y6 Elite and want to turn off the touch-disable mode.... Go to Settings < Smart Assistance < More < turn off touch-disabled mode. Once you have done this restart your phone or it won't disable. :)

kikijourney

Nov 5, 2017
Visit site
If you have a Huawei Y6 Elite and want to turn off the touch-disable mode.... Go to Settings < Smart Assistance < More < turn off touch-disabled mode. Once you have done this restart your phone or it won't disable. :)

I have the same issue. I don't know why the phone entered the Touch Mode and now even if I restart it or pus simultaneous the volume and power button still remains in that mood.

Thanks!

brm512

Apr 17, 2018
Visit site
Does anyone know how to disable the touch disable on the Huawei p smart...EMUI 8 I think. I've looked everywhere in the settings and the hold power and volume up just disnakes it for that single time

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan