Would you jump?

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
This 8 Pro looks like a specs monster!
Hope it shows up for US users.

Would you move up from the honor 8 if you could?

Honor-8-PRO.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If we're unsure of whether or not it will be released into the States, then it probably won't come to Canada... Sad face!!

If I had to, I'm not sure if I'd jump; but I'd definitely try it out! It looks like a beautiful device. A machine in a beautiful body. Awesome! And the colours are amazing!

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Unclear really. Not sure if it even will be released in the US yet. I would like to see Honor push updates to Honor 8 in a regular cadence to invest in them in future - so fingers crossed!

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Completely. I live in the UK so availability isn't an issue. The only reason I'm not is that I only bought the Honor 8 5 months ago and it works perfectly still. I'm happy with the Honor 8, but would prefer the pro!

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Very tempted by this device. I'm from the UK so can get one without any issues from the Honor website. The phone is currently being offered as part of a bundle with a tripod and 128gb memory card (and two other bundles) all for £474.

I currently have a OnePlus 3 though so I'm not sure if the phones are going to be different enough to actually warrant purchasing the pro?!?
It's either go for the Honor 8 Pro or wait to see what the next OnePlus looks like.....Choices choices!

Attachments

• 84569.jpg
    84569.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 66

madamocta

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so, it's just too big for me. If I had no other choice, sure, but as long as Honor 8 exist, I would chose it over the Pro

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so, it's just too big for me. If I had no other choice, sure, but as long as Honor 8 exist, I would chose it over the Pro

I agree with you: it's quite a bit bigger than our Honor 8 devices. I'm using mine single handed right now - I think I would have difficulty doing that with an Honor 8 Pro.

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am in the market for a phone, my Nexus 5x died last week, and will purchase from the UK. My choices are

Available now:
- Honor 8 Pro
- Huawei P10 Plus

Wait for:
- Nokia 9
- OnePlus 5

Obviously, the price of the H8P is really enticing, I like that the fingerprint scanner is on the back, the 4,000MAH battery and the QHD screen. The P10P is interesting, because of the better camera and, I am assuming, better support, despite the higher price. I don't like that the fingerprint scanner is on the front. But I think overall, I think it is a better looking phone.

I am a huge Nokia fan, and so I very much would like to wait for the Nokia 9, but I can't be bothered with my crappy spare phone for that long. I do think it will be a killer phone though. Probably same with the OP5, although the rumours of the 3,000MAH battery and the large screen kind of put me off.

So, should I jump on an H8P??! Will I be happy with the camera? Does it feel like a premium phone? Do the Honor logos look better in real life (in the pics, they make the phone look a bit cheap in my opinion... I know it is a relatively inexpensive phone... but I don't want it to look cheap!).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Time to bid WM so long. Got a Mint 950xl with dock for a good price.

Hope the Honor 8P comes to the US also.

How was the 950 XL?! I've always loved WP but haven't had the chance to use one yet. Probably will in the future, but Android has me hooked for the time being. :)

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
How was the 950 XL?! I've always loved WP but haven't had the chance to use one yet. Probably will in the future, but Android has me hooked for the time being. :)

It's a really good system. The live tiles are unique enough to catch the eye and the camera is one of the best I have seen.

I have the 950 XL plus Docking Station and case for sale if you or anyone here is interested.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's a really good system. The live tiles are unique enough to catch the eye and the camera is one of the best I have seen.

I have the 950 XL plus Docking Station and case for sale if you or anyone here is interested.

I love the live tiles! I really can't get enough of Windows' OS. I've always wanted to experience a WP.

Thank you! I'd love to, except I just bought my current phone four months ago... I need to cool it for a bit lool. :( :p

dcfc561

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I moved not from an Honor 8 but Nexus 5 and its a great phone, screen is huge compared to the Nexus 5. Still not sure if Ive made the right decision, could have got the OnePlus 3T for a little less plus the number of covers that are available on ebay and in the UK aren't in huge numbers (using the Chinese model name only 230, using honor 8 pro just over 1000) but maybe its because its not been out long.

Its something I should have looked at before making the purchase.

Last edited:

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
What about the honor 9 instead of the 8 pro. How many of you would get the honor 9 as opposed to the Pro 8? I've read where that is definitely being released.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles