Excited to be receiving my Honor 8

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered an Honor 8 from New Egg. I was on the fence between Honor and OnePlus but ultimately went with the Honor because of the scale and reach of Huawei. The camera's monochromatic sensor also has my photo buff senses tingling. I also am hoping to see them drive the unlocked phone market in the US to put pressure on the other manufacturers to offer reasonably priced (and well supported) devices. I also picked up a pair of 5x's from my family from Amazon for the Mrs and she is very happy with the device. For her particular games and usage it works quite well and the bettery life and screen are leaps and bounds better than her S4 mini she had been rocking for a couple of years.

What drove everyone else to this device?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't gotten mine yet but the dual camera fascinates me. I am on Verizon now but if they kick me off then I would most likely move to a gsm carrier and would be able to use this phone

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't gotten mine yet but the dual camera fascinates me. I am on Verizon now but if they kick me off then I would most likely move to a gsm carrier and would be able to use this phone

I left Verizon a couple of years ago, tmobile coverage isn't as good but its fine enough in Phoenix and at home wifi does all the heavy lifting anyway.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I left Verizon a couple of years ago, tmobile coverage isn't as good but its fine enough in Phoenix and at home wifi does all the heavy lifting anyway.
That's the thing... I use Verizon wireless unlimited data for my home Internet with a 4glte broadband router.... TMobile doesn't allow this.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I hope that you will like your Honor 8! What color is yours?

For me, the story is long so I'll shorten it. Basically, I have tried every phone I was interested in (that includes iOS, Android and Windows Mobile/Phone) and each of them had a major negative in some way. For iOS, the lack of customization was the true negative.

Then I heard about the Honor 8, was indifferent before, but hearing about the very good battery life and cameras, it seemed like a phone that would have it all for me. All in this case means customization, nice battery life, one handed usage without having to strain, and simplicity/minimal in a general sense.

I'm on week 2 and it has been the closest to everything I want/need in a phone.

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I went with the black. I like white backs on my devices, but prefer the front back black and since I look at the front a heck of a lot more than the back, I went with the black.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I hope that you will like your Honor 8! What color is yours?

For me, the story is long so I'll shorten it. Basically, I have tried every phone I was interested in (that includes iOS, Android and Windows Mobile/Phone) and each of them had a major negative in some way. For iOS, the lack of customization was the true negative.

Then I heard about the Honor 8, was indifferent before, but hearing about the very good battery life and cameras, it seemed like a phone that would have it all for me. All in this case means customization, nice battery life, one handed usage without having to strain, and simplicity/minimal in a general sense.

I'm on week 2 and it has been the closest to everything I want/need in a phone.

That's awesome! No matter what anyone says, the best device for you is the one that makes you happy!

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
That's awesome! No matter what anyone says, the best device for you is the one that makes you happy!
Thank you! I agree. This search has been exhausting. Fun too but I'm into tech too much and there are so many choices to just settle with a phone. Still really into it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I agree. This search has been exhausting. Fun too but I'm into tech too much and there are so many choices to just settle with a phone. Still really into it.
Yeah I have the same problem... Keep trying different phones.