OWNERS: What do you LIKE about your Honor 8?

ebrandwein

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Just upgraded today from my Nexus 6. Initial impression, amazing speed! Just flat out blows away the Nexus 6. The size is more to my liking too. Easier to one hand it. Build quality appears excellent. Camera seems to work very nicely too. Loads up much faster than the old Nexus.

No problem with setting up my accounts. Synced up with my work email just fine too. The interface takes a little getting used to but its no problem. It would be nice if adoptable storage was available but that is my only quibble. Great phone!

HonorUSA_Joy

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
We're glad to hear you feel the Honor 8 is a "Great phone". We're very proud of the 4GB RAM, 5.2" screen, 12MP rear/8MP front camera, and the UI 4.1 and we're glad to hear you are too. (JJ)

Joel Malone

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I really like the built in blacklist option in the dialer. The number of robocalls I get has skyrocketed over the last several months. I also think the contacts section is much easier to manage than my last phone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Right now (and I've only had it for a little over 24 hours), I really like the fingerprint scanner. I've never had one before, and I love how seamless it is to unlock my device.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Right now (and I've only had it for a little over 24 hours), I really like the fingerprint scanner. I've never had one before, and I love how seamless it is to unlock my device.

Sweet!
Morty you might like the smart button too it's called "smart key" found in settings under "Smart assistance"
The 8 has a few little secrets hidden all over the place :)

mart567

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I came from using a Note 4 for about a year and a half, and then a Nexus 6P for two weeks.

I really like the Honor 8's size, and responsiveness.
I especially like the fingerprint scanner and the other functions that you can assign to it.

Also, the IR blaster! The IR blaster is how I initially found the Honor 8 while trying to find a new phone with IR. I used my Note 4 as a remote just about everyday as I have an older AV receiver that is missing it's remote.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Sweet!
Morty you might like the smart button too it's called "smart key" found in settings under "Smart assistance"
The 8 has a few little secrets hidden all over the place :)

Is that the same button as the fingerprint sensor? That's the coolest innovation ever! Thank you for the tip! :)

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
The slide down for notifications is so natural once you start using it.
So much so it took me 2 weeks to notice the gesture in the home screen to do it wasn't there in EMUI 5

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
One small thing but a very neat power saving feature that I like is this: if you have the camera app open for like 10 or 15 seconds not taking photos, the screen goes blank and you will have to tap on the screen to activate the camera.

This is a small thing but saves battery power. I soo wish other flagship phones did this too.

Last edited:

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Just discovered another nifty little feature: You can configure the device to take a quick snapshot by pressing the volume down key twice. It takes a quick picture. You can set this up in the camera settings.

ce_tx

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Glad to see some names here that I recognize from the Windows Phone forums. :)

I wanted to give WP a break and see if either iOS or Android might suit my current needs better. After a lot of research and comparison of phones, I decided on the Honor 8. I like mostly everything about the phone, other than the grainy pictures on Google Messenger that others have mentioned. I'm kinda working around it by using Google Messenger for most of my texting, but the default messaging app for sending pictures (the quality is a tad better this way).

Specifics:

The fingerprint sensor. I've never had one on a phone before, so I'm not used to such a quick and simple way to unlock my phone. And its placement is so convenient. Love it.

Apps. What can I say...it's Android. I can finally have an official, solid Instagram app without having to be on Windows 10 if I'm using WP (prefer 8.1).

The camera is excellent. Now if only I could share that quality, or close to it, over MMS. :p

Physical beauty. Nothing else needs to be said about that.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Glad to see some names here that I recognize from the Windows Phone forums. :)

I wanted to give WP a break and see if either iOS or Android might suit my current needs better. After a lot of research and comparison of phones, I decided on the Honor 8. I like mostly everything about the phone, other than the grainy pictures on Google Messenger that others have mentioned. I'm kinda working around it by using Google Messenger for most of my texting, but the default messaging app for sending pictures (the quality is a tad better this way).

Specifics:

The fingerprint sensor. I've never had one on a phone before, so I'm not used to such a quick and simple way to unlock my phone. And its placement is so convenient. Love it.

Apps. What can I say...it's Android. I can finally have an official, solid Instagram app without having to be on Windows 10 if I'm using WP (prefer 8.1).

The camera is excellent. Now if only I could share that quality, or close to it, over MMS. :p

Physical beauty. Nothing else needs to be said about that.
Hello there! It's great to see you here too! Glad that you are liking it too.
I hope that your workaround will work out for you.

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised that the phone came with it's own file manager. I'm finding it capable of doing anything I need. I'm able to browse my network including windows pc's and a raspberry pi. No need to install a 3rd party tool that comes with ads.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm surprised that the phone came with it's own file manager. I'm finding it capable of doing anything I need. I'm able to browse my network including windows pc's and a raspberry pi. No need to install a 3rd party tool that comes with ads.
I agree! Didn't realize how great this is to have until having it.

dyana9673

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Same here. My sg7 edge crappie signal,axon 7 horrible, Moto z play unlocked great signal, nextbit robin great signal. My Honor 8 will be here Friday. I hope it has a great signal,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12