OWNERS: What do you NOT like about your Honor 8?

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
-The auto brightness being fickle.
-It's slippery and scratches easily.
-Having to add apps to protected to get notifications for some of them.

That's all I can think of for now.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
That notification and shortcut shade having notifications as the default action. The auto brightness, just as much as I like the fingerprint scanner on the back I hate the fingerprint print scanner on the back equally. Other than that I love it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The auto brightness issue would be very annoying

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site

I agree with everything libra89 said above and will add:

Lack of official car charger from Honor.
Honor not making the official wall charger available to buy for this phone. (In case you want multiple wall chargers).
Needing to use a case with the phone, because it's so incredibly slippery. This phone is so darn beautiful, I HATE having to cover it up at all! :p

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everything libra89 said above and will add:

Lack of official car charger from Honor.
Honor not making the official wall charger available to buy for this phone. (In case you want multiple wall chargers).
Needing to use a case with the phone, because it's so incredibly slippery. This phone is so darn beautiful, I HATE having to cover it up at all!
To add that it uses a proprietary charging system,not fully compatible with qualcomm quick charge 3.0. So to use fast charging, you need to use the stock brick.

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
To add that it uses a proprietary charging system,not fully compatible with qualcomm quick charge 3.0. So to use fast charging, you need to use the stock brick.

Ooh, yes! Very good point, dpham00! Would have listed that one as well if I'd thought of it at the time I was writing my own post.

gdesanto

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Cannot move Apps to SD Card
Protected apps for notifications if you forget to turn on you'll miss some notifications
Cannot buy another Huawei Quick charger home or for car

Last edited:

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
That notification and shortcut shade having notifications as the default action. The auto brightness, just as much as I like the fingerprint scanner on the back I hate the fingerprint print scanner on the back equally. Other than that I love it.
Don't u hate when u pick your phone up with the opposite hand, accidentally touch the sensor with the wrong finger, then get that annoying 'wrong print' vibration?

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Don't u hate when u pick your phone up with the opposite hand, accidentally touch the sensor with the wrong finger, then get that annoying 'wrong print' vibration?

I usually have at least one finger on each hand saved for fingerprint access, just for this reason!

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I usually have at least one finger on each hand saved for fingerprint access, just for this reason!
Wait...I can program different fingers??? I never looked in the fingerprint scanner settings. Just did the initial setup and moved on. Thanks for the tip.

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Wait...I can program different fingers??? I never looked in the fingerprint scanner settings. Just did the initial setup and moved on. Thanks for the tip.

Glad to help! I'm right handed but keep my phone in my left pocket, so this way I can always unlock easily.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I programmed multiple fingers into my 5x. Any finger that I might occasionally use, I would program

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Cannot move Apps to SD Card
Protected apps for notifications if you forget to turn on you'll miss some notifications
Cannot buy another Huawei Quick charger home or for car
The protected app is a big one especially if you use a third party alarm clock... It might not go off if not protected.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I wish that I can adjust the ringer volume without having to unlock the phone and/or disabling touch-disable mode. It's not a big thing, I just use my fingerprint to quickly unlock and then adjust the volume.

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
2 more little things I don't like:

1. The icon that stays in the notification bar if you enable NFC. I always have NFC enabled so that stupid, unnecessary icon is always up there, taking up valuable space.

2. The persistent notification that shows up when you plug headphones in. Why on earth would anybody think you need a notification for when you plug in headphones?? That's just dumb.

At least the headphones notification can be dismissed. But I'd much prefer it just be disabled since I find it completely pointless. :p

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
2 more little things I don't like:

1. The icon that stays in the notification bar if you enable NFC. I always have NFC enabled so that stupid, unnecessary icon is always up there, taking up valuable space.

2. The persistent notification that shows up when you plug headphones in. Why on earth would anybody think you need a notification for when you plug in headphones?? That's just dumb.

At least the headphones notification can be dismissed. But I'd much prefer it just be disabled since I find it completely pointless. :p

Can you long press the notification and disable notification for the app?