Android launcher for Honor 8

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
For those folks out there that would like their Honor 8 to have a regular Android look and function. make sure you have Google now launcher and then in settings go to Apps, then at the bottom left select advanced. Next go to default app settings, next select App launcher then select Google App. When you go back to your home page you will have an App drawer and the normal Android look and function. Give it a try. If you don't like it go back to the launcher page in settings and select Huawei home which is the only other selection. I have not tried using other launcher but they may work the same way.

BotanicalStig

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Emui launcher is the worst. Nova will be the first thing I do when I get my phone tomorrow. There's really nothing you can do at the moment about the settings menu look or the notification menu.

If you've never tried any other launchers, give Nova (free) a shot. The customizability is a huge bonus. You can increase/decrease the grid to size you can add more icons, use a scrolling bottom dock, and many other cool things. Action launcher is pretty good too. The launchers wont interfere with Huawei's features, just the look of the desktop.

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I always use the google now launcher and keyboard on my devices. They generally seem to work the best and have the most features I care about and both receive fairly frequent updates.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this, that is pretty cool.

There's also the Stockify emui theme in the play store, but in this case, I'm not sure which one is better.

BotanicalStig

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this, that is pretty cool.

There's also the Stockify emui theme in the play store, but in this case, I'm not sure which one is better.

I didn't know EMUI themes were a thing. I looked into it, and I stand corrected. You *can* change the settings/notification design via themes. Just found this on xda, it isn't 100% stock looking, but it's closer. I like it, looks much less like iOS. Nova on top of this will be a winner. Can't wait to try it.

[THEME][EMUI] MATERIAL VUi (UPATED 14/09/16) | Honor 8

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I didn't know EMUI themes were a thing. I looked into it, and I stand corrected. You *can* change the settings/notification design via themes. Just found this on xda, it isn't 100% stock looking, but it's closer. I like it, looks much less like iOS. Nova on top of this will be a winner. Can't wait to try it.

[THEME][EMUI] MATERIAL VUi (UPATED 14/09/16) | Honor 8
Let us know how that is for you. I just changed the font only and I am liking that so much. I can only imagine how this works.

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Yup, I've been running both the VUI theme from XDA and Nova Launcher (though I just switched to Action Launcher the other day) since I got the phone on release day. I gave EMUI about half a day of usage and just couldn't stand it. haha

PalakMi

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Emui launcher is the worst. Nova will be the first thing I do when I get my phone tomorrow. There's really nothing you can do at the moment about the settings menu look or the notification menu.

If you've never tried any other launchers, give Nova (free) a shot. The customizability is a huge bonus. You can increase/decrease the grid to size you can add more icons, use a scrolling bottom dock, and many other cool things. Action launcher is pretty good too. The launchers wont interfere with Huawei's features, just the look of the desktop.
Nova is simply the best

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12