Anyone using the Smart Key feature?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I only have the Press and hold for Google set up, and still never remember to use it.

I use the swipe for notification shade regularly, but can't get in the habit of using the Smart Key features.

Anyone else have it set up and use it regularly? If so, which apps are you using it for?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
In the software you can set up actions for "Smart Key". It is essentially different tasks that the fingerprint sensor can do. Like if you press and hold, or double press, etc.

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I use it and think it's a very handy little feature. On mine:

One press activates the camera.
Press and hold takes a screenshot.
Two presses activates the flashlight.

burtonvdp

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Single click for camera (as the double click volume only works with display is off) and double click for flash light. I think I'll do press and hold for google search but not 100% sure if I like that idea yet or not. I use a TON of reminders through google now but I dont know if it will trigger too much by accident.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
This thread is making me want to set it up now. This is so cool.

For now, single press for flashlight, double for camera and hold for voice search. Might change that around.

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
So far I am just using a double click for flashlight which has been very useful. Still trying to decide for the other functions.

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
BTW the most under rated thing is the swipe down for notifications.

That is definitely a cool feature, IMO, but I never use that particular function with the Smart Key because I've been using a "swipe down anywhere on the screen" gesture command with Nova to do the same thing. In fact, that key feature is what keeps me from being able to use any launcher that doesn't support that feature. I simply HAVE to have that feature. haha :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
In the software you can set up actions for "Smart Key". It is essentially different tasks that the fingerprint sensor can do. Like if you press and hold, or double press, etc.

OK,just wanted to make sure..I knew about the functionality but didn't know the exact name

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That is definitely a cool feature, IMO, but I never use that particular function with the Smart Key because I've been using a "swipe down anywhere on the screen" gesture command with Nova to do the same thing. In fact, that key feature is what keeps me from being able to use any launcher that doesn't support that feature. I simply HAVE to have that feature. haha :)

Nova has some awesome gestures! I like the double tap for screen off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome