I have the Honor 8 - you have questions - ask away!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Is it a 48 hour phone or more like a solid day?

I know you were not asking me specifically, but I will give my two cents!

I used to have to charge my phone (LG G3) every night, no matter what; but I often find that I only need to charge my Honor 8 every other day. With a full charge overnight and heavy use during the day, I can often go to bed with 30-45% left. Of course, if I have worked that day, chances are I will have more battery left when I go to bed and would therefore not see a need to charge it. Last night was one of those nights - I went to bed with about 67% left and woke up this morning and decided not to charge it.

So, I would say that the specific phone and individual use will make things like SOT different for everyone. It's been maybe three weeks for me and I am still very satisfied with my battery life.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't consider myself to be a heavy user but I can't remember the last time I have gotten less than a day, if ever. I always get a day and 6 hours minimum before putting it on the charger at 35-39%. This is not a phone that is on the charger daily.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't consider myself to be a heavy user but I can't remember the last time I have gotten less than a day, if ever. I always get a day and 6 hours minimum before putting it on the charger at 35-39%. This is not a phone that is on the charger daily.

I couldn't agree with you more. It's definitely not a phone that you charge daily.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If you don't charge it daily then how frequently do you charge it?

I can't say I never charge it daily; but it's often every other day. For example, I charged it to 100% on Saturday morning, and then I worked all day and so it was still in the 60% range when I was ready for bed that night; so I didn't charge it. On Sunday, I worked again and just let it get down to about 46% at the end of the day. This morning, after some light use, I charged it from 39% or so to 100%.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't say I never charge it daily; but it's often every other day. For example, I charged it to 100% on Saturday morning, and then I worked all day and so it was still in the 60% range when I was ready for bed that night; so I didn't charge it. On Sunday, I worked again and just let it get down to about 46% at the end of the day. This morning, after some light use, I charged it from 39% or so to 100%.

Ah OK then you must be a light user.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I can relate to you. Rarely I get 18 hours and have to charge it. Sometimes it's a day and 3 hours, but usually a day and 6 hours, with the rare occurrence of a day and 9 hours.

Exactly! And if I spend some time watching Netflix or videos, I'll have to charge it that night or very early the next day.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That makes sense. It is important to qualify so that people don't take it that a moderate to heavy usage will last more than a day.

PiratesJV

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
Hey everyone

Im looking at getting the Honor 8 for my wife. It meets virtually all of the criteria were looking for except one thing I cannot seem to find a good answer for is the quality of photos for action shots. We recently tried the G4 Play and it was absolutely terrible with any kid of subject movement. Does the Honor 8 to a good job taking pics of animals/kids in motion? Thanks in advance!

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
The honor 8 has an object tracking focus option so that you can select an object to focus on, and if that moves the focus will adjust to where it moves too. This works on the main camera for photos and video.

Patriot1669

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi, can you tell if the touch screen is sensitive to moisture? Like , if if the screen is wet when you are using it in the rain, would it be able to function like normal?
Thanks

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, can you tell if the touch screen is sensitive to moisture? Like , if if the screen is wet when you are using it in the rain, would it be able to function like normal?
Thanks

I know you were asking the OP and not me specifically, but I've used my Honor 8 in light snow and rain and the touch response was pretty much the same. I didn't notice any lag or stutters.

bprashant19

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys,

I recently bought the honor 8; had a question and was hoping if someone could help.

First a bit of my background.
I jumped ship and was a windows phone user. I came from Windows central and this is my first post here.

Now as for my question; its regarding a security feature. As everyone knows that google provides find my device feature in case the device is stolen or lost. But I noticed something, when the phone is locked and you have your location and mobile data switched "on" that's when it is able to locate your device. Now here's the catch, one can turn off the mobile data (not location, it needs password/fingerprint) even when the phone is locked. This defeats the whole purpose of the security feature. So in case someone steals my phone he can switch off the device and reset it so that I can never find it.

Does anyone know how we can have the mobile data toggle requiring login?