Honor 8 Lock Screen not showing podcast/music apps

Kevin Larrabee

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Just got an Honor 8 today and love it, but for some reason the only player that will show up on the lock screen is the Google Music app.

Also notifications are turned on and I have it set to the finger print reader. Any ideas? Thanks!

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, the music player on the lock screen only works with certain apps, such as SoundCloud, Spotify, and Google Music. I can't recall the other ones but there are a few that work and some that don't. So far, it's been by chance that we have been able to figure what works and what doesn't.

Kevin Larrabee

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, the music player on the lock screen only works with certain apps, such as SoundCloud, Spotify, and Google Music. I can't recall the other ones but there are a few that work and some that don't. So far, it's been by chance that we have been able to figure what works and what doesn't.

Isn't that a huge bummer? Literally the only thing that is bugging me about the device. Running a OP3 right now.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Isn't that a huge bummer? Literally the only thing that is bugging me about the device. Running a OP3 right now.
Yeah, it is pretty silly. I have an app that I use that isn't supported that makes me unlock the screen to skip a track. I don't get why they did this.

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I know the lockscreen functionality is a priority in the next version of EMUI, hopefully that solves for the issue.

Matt Manahan

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
With EMUI 5.0, I no longer have controls on the lock screen for Spotify. Any fix to this? I've allowed notifications for it but that didn't help.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
In my previous experience, the lockscreen music player was dependant on the lock screen style. This is when I had 4.1. I never had issues with the magazine lockscreen, which is the stock emui lockscreen. Try finding a different theme that uses a custom lockscreen and see if that helps. If that does work, you can then download emui editor from the app store and adjust a theme with that lockscreen.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site

I use Amazon prime music and unfortunately that doesn't show on the lock screen. I guess that's not surprising, Google and Amazon apps don't usually work together. I prefer Google play, which shows on the lock screen, but Google play is not compatible with Amazon echo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12