Just got an Honor 8 today and love it, but for some reason the only player that will show up on the lock screen is the Google Music app.

Also notifications are turned on and I have it set to the finger print reader. Any ideas? Thanks!
    10-19-2016 07:45 PM
    Unfortunately, the music player on the lock screen only works with certain apps, such as SoundCloud, Spotify, and Google Music. I can't recall the other ones but there are a few that work and some that don't. So far, it's been by chance that we have been able to figure what works and what doesn't.
    10-19-2016 07:49 PM
    Unfortunately, the music player on the lock screen only works with certain apps, such as SoundCloud, Spotify, and Google Music. I can't recall the other ones but there are a few that work and some that don't. So far, it's been by chance that we have been able to figure what works and what doesn't.
    Isn't that a huge bummer? Literally the only thing that is bugging me about the device. Running a OP3 right now.
    10-19-2016 07:58 PM
    Isn't that a huge bummer? Literally the only thing that is bugging me about the device. Running a OP3 right now.
    Yeah, it is pretty silly. I have an app that I use that isn't supported that makes me unlock the screen to skip a track. I don't get why they did this.
    10-19-2016 08:02 PM
    I know the lockscreen functionality is a priority in the next version of EMUI, hopefully that solves for the issue.
    10-25-2016 12:23 PM
    With EMUI 5.0, I no longer have controls on the lock screen for Spotify. Any fix to this? I've allowed notifications for it but that didn't help.
    03-09-2017 01:50 PM
    In my previous experience, the lockscreen music player was dependant on the lock screen style. This is when I had 4.1. I never had issues with the magazine lockscreen, which is the stock emui lockscreen. Try finding a different theme that uses a custom lockscreen and see if that helps. If that does work, you can then download emui editor from the app store and adjust a theme with that lockscreen.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-09-2017 03:17 PM
    I use Amazon prime music and unfortunately that doesn't show on the lock screen. I guess that's not surprising, Google and Amazon apps don't usually work together. I prefer Google play, which shows on the lock screen, but Google play is not compatible with Amazon echo.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-09-2017 05:45 PM
    All my music controls show on the Magazine lock style.
    03-10-2017 07:44 AM
    Yea, for me too, they show on the Magazine lock screen style.I am in EMUI 5.
    03-19-2017 07:06 AM