Disabling Badge Notifications

Sonne29

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I recall when I first got this phone I saw an option to do this. Now my car club is going crazy with messages and I want to disable it on whatsapp. Now I can't find it. Anyone can help? Nothing on Google. Thanks.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
It should be:
Settings > Notification panel and status bar > Notification center > select appropriate app to disable notifications...

Sonne29

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Nah, they still come up. Honor support themselves have said they can't be turned off. Let's see what happens once EMUI 5 comes out. Apparently I can't turn off notifications for Gmail either.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I also remember changing this option to turn badge notifications on. Just had a look for it to see if you can turn it off and I can't find it.
I'm sure it was buried somewhere in the advanced options.

EDIT: Found it.
Do a pinch gesture on the home screen to access home screen editor.
Go to more settings. - It's right there.

Sonne29

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Yooooo this did it. I knew I saw it before.

Funny thing, Honor actually told me it was impossible. Going to respond to them and let them know that they should know better.

Thanks.

mohawk apple

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I also remember changing this option to turn badge notifications on. Just had a look for it to see if you can turn it off and I can't find it.
I'm sure it was buried somewhere in the advanced options.

EDIT: Found it.
Do a pinch gesture on the home screen to access home screen editor.
Go to more settings. - It's right there.

I was also looking for the badge notifications, I've never seen a badge notification even when i have that setting turned on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital