Nougat emui 5 bugs

vinchendoh

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Wow! I thought my system was running bad Spazzbk! I'm going to try a different approach to it. I'm convinced it either Wifi, Cell or GPS that's causing the issue.
I've had the phone on without Wifi or Cell for 1 hour and 30 mins and I'm still at 100%. I know that's not the best indicator but when I did the same yesterday with Wifi on and Cell on I was down to 85%

robk84

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
For those of you on beta, how close do you feel the software is to completion? Is it good enough for a daily driver?

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
For those of you on beta, how close do you feel the software is to completion? Is it good enough for a daily driver?
Since getting help to iron out all the bugs I started with I haven't experienced an actual "bug". The software is very stable but seems to be missing proper power management options.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I did, settings and data. Backed up onto my SD card and restored after reset and all fixed.
I've also set the low resolution power saving to on in the battery menu. It does smart resolution changes based on your activity. I have actually yet to notice when it drops resolution, but it has slowed the battery drain.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
My OS isn't having that issue.
f18b172145ee4b3c2c13ef7e28587265.jpg

Spazzbk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Wow! I thought my system was running bad Spazzbk! I'm going to try a different approach to it. I'm convinced it either Wifi, Cell or GPS that's causing the issue.
I've had the phone on without Wifi or Cell for 1 hour and 30 mins and I'm still at 100%. I know that's not the best indicator but when I did the same yesterday with Wifi on and Cell on I was down to 85%

Yeah it's been bad, but I wiped the cache partition and I hope that'll help. As of now Android OS is only used up about 23% of the battery. Still not good but definitely better than the 40ish%. I really hope I don't have to hard reset.

vinchendoh

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
I did a factory reset last night, the battery issue was getting out of hand. I'll update my results later.

A word of warning. If you facory reset the beta app disapeears and can no longer be installed. An error appears saying this confilicts with an excisting application! I'm not sure if I'll get further updates (if any happen)

I've had the phone on for 6 hours so far, down to 84%. I've used 33 screen on time but once again the Android OS is creeping up. I'd be interested to hear if anyone is not using good services and what type of battery performance they are getting.

As for the software I can't find any major bugs, its smooth, works great. One little problem I have is with flipboard, but thats nothing major

Spazzbk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
So an update on the battery drain issue. I wiped the cache partition and the battery issue got significantly better. Android system is now down to 11%. Will message if it changes.

Attachments

• 19028.jpg
    19028.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
So an update on the battery drain issue. I wiped the cache partition and the battery issue got significantly better. Android system is now down to 11%. Will message if it changes.

I keep trying to do this but when I try to enter recovery mode it goes to install update, and then fails and reboots. Anyone got a way round this? My battery is fairly poor.

Spazzbk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I keep trying to do this but when I try to enter recovery mode it goes to install update, and then fails and reboots. Anyone got a way round this? My battery is fairly poor.

Try pressing and holding the volume up and power button when the phone is off and see if that solves it. The process took me two times for it to take.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet