Screenshot of BlackBerry Hub please

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting this phone. My main concern is the display of BlackBerry Hub. Can someone post me a screenshot of how the hub displays looks on this phone. I've tried this on many Android phones . The hub doesn't lok that nice on non BlackBerry phones.
This will help me to make the decision to buy or not

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Here ya go! It seems to work well enough for me, with minimal battery drain. View attachment 247548View attachment 247549
Thanks for the reply
That's the problem. Hub on non BlackBerry devices displays a lot less info which makes hub look amateurish. I tried this on xperia and lg. Look at the hub on my dtek

It displays lot more (if you count the accounts it's more than10) the display on the main page also is the same. Less on non BlackBerry phones.
6a7b14b30fa4803c6816f2fd974f6c11.jpg

Spazzbk

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply
That's the problem. Hub on non BlackBerry devices displays a lot less info which makes hub look amateurish. I tried this on xperia and lg. Look at the hub on my dtek

It displays lot more (if you count the accounts it's more than10) the display on the main page also is the same. Less on non BlackBerry phones.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161206/6a7b14b30fa4803c6816f2fd974f6c11.jpg

No problem. I'm confused as to the differences, what is displayed that is truncated compared to the DTek?

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
No problem. I'm confused as to the differences, what is displayed that is truncated compared to the DTek?
I think the issue is not with hub itself. Somehow the other phones display less characters in one line and it's particularly noticeable in hub. I thought it's the screen resolution but the phones I tried have better resolution than dtek.

If you could post the BBC sport main headline page now you could compare it. This is what I've on my dtek. When ibtry the same page on LG g5 the number of characters displayed in one line is less or in other words a 3 line paragraph on dtek ends up as 4 lines in lg. This makes hub look really amateurish.

Please see whether enough can post the Chrome screenshot from BBC sport page

cc5edb328310c298eef882b0fbf6d271.jpg

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
So it looks like none of the 5.2" non BlackBerry android phones are optimized for the right dpi. I don't want to root to change the dpi. I've tried this with lg g5, Xperia z5, Xperia x performance and moto z.

My dtek dpi is x 422 x y 424

Sony xperia x performance has 441 dpi. Why is the amount of iinfo in one line less than dtek?

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
One of the best recent app innovations ever, IMO, was the BlackBerry Hub being downloadable for Android. It worked well on my G3, but yeah, coming from a BlackBerry Q10 that had the native Hub application, it did look a little clunky. I think if it's not pure BlackBerry, the app may not look/act the same. Then again, the BlackBerry Services app or Hub app does have a lot of options - maybe you can tweak them to your liking.