Just picked up the honor 8 last night!

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Anything any of you guys recommend adjusting. I have read the UI is not very good. So far I don't mind it at all, my only thing that annoys me is the constant keypad on the lock screen. Is there a way to change that with out downloading a lock screen app?

So far my favorite thing is the gestures for the finger print scanner.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Go to settings->advanced settings->battery manager to whitelist apps you want notifications from.

I must ask, what color is your new Honor 8?

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Anything any of you guys recommend adjusting. I have read the UI is not very good. So far I don't mind it at all, my only thing that annoys me is the constant keypad on the lock screen. Is there a way to change that with out downloading a lock screen app?

So far my favorite thing is the gestures for the finger print scanner.

I've debating this as well. I've sent you a PM ..

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree, after using EMUI for little over a week I've come to enjoy using it. Yes it has little things that could be annoying but not deal breakers.

With the OP's question, you could use the fingerprint unlock, as mentioned, or no lock at all.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I picked up the blue one, cause it's sexy as hell haha. I have finger print unlock set up to unlock. There is no option to set it as primary. Under security it's pin, pattern, password no stand alone for just finger print. One my other phones the pin is only asked for when you reboot and the keyboard isn't constantly on.

OnSaleDetail

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
I picked up the blue one, cause it's sexy as hell haha. I have finger print unlock set up to unlock. There is no option to set it as primary. Under security it's pin, pattern, password no stand alone for just finger print. One my other phones the pin is only asked for when you reboot and the keyboard isn't constantly on.
I picked up a white Honor 8 the day it came out, but over the first 5-7 days of using it, the ear piece speaker (for hearing people during calls) would make *pop* ing noises, like the speaker was popping or topping out. It would do this during the ringing stage aswell as while talking to people.

I ended up returning it and buying a Galaxy S6 Edge + 64gb from TMobile as they had then on sale for $319.99 at the time and I had paid $400 for my Honor 8 (Got a $50 Best Buy card so technically I paid $350).

Long story short, I bought the Honor 8. Speaker was starting to break within 5-7 days. Returned it and bought a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy 64gb S6 edge Plus that was on sale.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I originally had the awesome blue color but exchanged it at the time for a nexus 6p as I needed a larger phone. Then a month later I got rid of my iPhone 6s and got the Honor 8 again but this time in midnight black. Both colors are great but the blue is special. The shade of blue is like no other.

OnSaleDetail

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
Oh, otherwise, I loved the phone and O.S.

It's funny. I bought the Honor 5x at Best Buy about 9 days before the Honor 8 was being released. So I used the Honor 5x until the 8 was released. I returned the 5x (thank god for Best Buys 14 day no hassle return policy lol) and I loved the Honor 8. It felt, looked and performed better then any Galaxy I've ever owned and any iPhone too. I loved it. It's a shame the speaker had problems and my local Best Buy only had 2 in stock on release day (1 blue 1 white. I tried to buy the blue but it was sold out so I bought the only white). When I returned the 8, they didn't have anymore in stock and it was going to be 3 weeks until they got more.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a white Honor 8 the day it came out, but over the first 5-7 days of using it, the ear piece speaker (for hearing people during calls) would make *pop* ing noises, like the speaker was popping or topping out. It would do this during the ringing stage aswell as while talking to people.

I ended up returning it and buying a Galaxy S6 Edge + 64gb from TMobile as they had then on sale for $319.99 at the time and I had paid $400 for my Honor 8 (Got a $50 Best Buy card so technically I paid $350).

Long story short, I bought the Honor 8. Speaker was starting to break within 5-7 days. Returned it and bought a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy 64gb S6 edge Plus that was on sale.

Sorry to hear that. That isn't a typical problem, so if you decide to get an Honor 8 later then you should be ok

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
This is exactly what my honor 8 does. Fingerprint unlock with code backup and no persistent keyboard. And code on restart. I will check my lock settings for you.
The problem may lie in the lock screen type chosen in your theme.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I also can't find the settings to change this, so I think it is definitely the lock screen style in your theme. Which theme are you using?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

THE BLUE ONE IS THE BEST - lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs