Would this be insane guys?

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
This is the same memory anxiety I get, despite never actually getting low memory warnings ever. I'm the same with battery anxiety. I don't like my phone getting below 35% even though that means hours more charge lol.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
You guys crack me up!! You all sound like me. For some reason my 32g although I don't download movies or songs, I have plenty of room still available but mentally it drives me insane knowing I could get the 64g. I had a iPhone 6s 128g and seriously on that phone due to my line of work, I had over 4000 pics on it and it barely touched that 128g. I think I'm going to order the 64g in Pearl color and just have two Honor 8 phones or do you guys think I should just sell my Nexus 6p when I order the 64g Honor? I can tell you I prefer the Honor 8 size much more but my 6p has been nice to browse the net and watch movies with its 5.7 inch screen and awesome resolution. Like right now I have both phones with me but I'm in my Honor as I type this. My 6p hardly sees any use anymore and I even just got 7.1.1 update on my 6p. Honestly I can't see that much of an interface difference between 7.0 and 7.1.1. The Honor 8 truly rocks!

To the ones who said it's a hobby and go for it, I respect that bc that is just how I am. I used to be that way with high end automatic Swiss Diver watches. At one time I had about 60k worth of high end watches at one time. You taking about insanity. I was in my early 30s to mid and one day I woke up and said I need to get a hold of myself so I sold off my collection and now I only keep one to two high end automatic watches. I was a big time member of several high end watch forums. Heck if you were to google DCJ Breitling watches or DCJ Omega watches or even DCJ photos you'd see hundreds of pics of all my watches and sports cars ive been through. I was crazy with it. Now I'm in to tech so I've been through a ton of phones since making the move over to Android. One of my favs is Motorola. I had the Moto Z Force with just about every Mod and that was a great device. Ironically the 6p is basically identical to the Z Force except for the obvious Moto mods. I have since left Verizon though as they messed up my bill and didn't own up to it so I went to Cricket.

Here's another choice I have. Amazon currently has the Moto Z on sale for $499 regular price $699. It's the one that's advertised as the slimmest phone made. It has the 820 processor and sky high resolution. I could go for it and get back into the moto mods and it would replace my 6p as it's 5.5 inches.

So what do you guys think. 64g Pearl Honor 8 or the flagship Moto Z with a couple of Moto mods which one being the battery mod and the other being the JBL speaker Mod. I thoroughly enjoyed my Z Force and loved the Mods. I'm leaning towards the Moto Z and just selling my 6p as it's basically still brand new. As a collector I keep all my boxes and interior components left in plastic along with the box having matching serial numbers as that tends to retain value better. I keep all my original boxes and papers due to my long time watch collecting.

So here it is... Moto Z unlocked for $499 regular price $699 or Honor 8 64g on sale on Amazon but not nearly as low as it was on black Friday. Out of the two, which would you guys go for. I have no doubt I'm going for it so now it's which to go for. One other choice is the ZTE Axon 7 64g 5.5 inch screen with the highest screen resolution which is on sale for $354 right now. I have to stay with Amazon bc that is where I have my credit at. I considered the Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe but it seems not to have the support and reviews to back it's paper specs up. What do you guys think?

Are you still looking for diver watches. I have a Rolex Red Submariner that I bought new in 1971 in Okinawa, Japan for $290. Have the original inter box, bracelet, warranty booklet, and certification certificate. Rebuilt by vintage watch maker about 5 years ago and keeps almost perfect time -- gains 2-3 sec over several days. Bezel was lost and replaced with new Rolex bezel ($400). I never wear it out of the house anymore -- I would die if I broke it or lost it.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Don't listen to my buddy dpham here... man has a serious problem. :)

But yeah, if you can afford it, there's no shame in having a collection. Personally I have my 6P, a Nexus 5X, an HONOR 5X. That's not counting my wife's S7 Edge, the moto E and moto G my kids use, or the two ZTE ZMax Pros that I am staging as Xmas gifts - replacing said old motos - for my kids (got two free lines from T-Mobile)... one of those Zmax's was purchased from dpham over there.

That being said... is the only difference between the 32 and the 64 the storage space? No RAM bump, etc? If that's the case, maybe look at something different... like a P9 or something from another OEM. I mean, functionally speaking, you'll have two of the exact same phone.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
That being said... is the only difference between the 32 and the 64 the storage space? No RAM bump, etc? If that's the case, maybe look at something different... like a P9 or something from another OEM. I mean, functionally speaking, you'll have two of the exact same phone.

Yep that's the only difference.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I have the Honor 8:32g in Black. As you All know, I love this phone. I've also been wanting a 64 honor since day one of reading reviews in it. So my question is, if I purchased the Pearl White color in 64g and just put my 32g up for back up, would that totally just be way too crazy? So what do you all think? I'm on the fence big-time at the moment and could really use all if your advice. Thanks a bunch!!

DConn

No, 32GB is not enough room. For anyone. Ever. Nor is one color enough. For anyone. Ever. Buy the phone as long as you don't have small children at home that need something or owe money to your parents or other relatives. :p

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't listen to my buddy dpham here... man has a serious problem. :)

But yeah, if you can afford it, there's no shame in having a collection. Personally I have my 6P, a Nexus 5X, an HONOR 5X. That's not counting my wife's S7 Edge, the moto E and moto G my kids use, or the two ZTE ZMax Pros that I am staging as Xmas gifts - replacing said old motos - for my kids (got two free lines from T-Mobile)... one of those Zmax's was purchased from dpham over there.

Hey i had three of the exact same phone twice this year already!

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I guess the question is... Do you really need this 64Gb phone, or do you just want it? I buy a lot of stuff that I don't really need, but just want. And, sometimes I want it so bad that it sticks in my brain until, against my sane judgement, I go out and buy it! Many times after I get it, I sit down with my new toy and ask myself... "Now why in the hell did I just buy this!?" LOL! Nothing wrong with that if you can afford it, and sometimes nothing wrong even if you can't... you'll just have to suffer for it! As long as you can afford it, go for it. It'll stick in your brain until you do... so buy it, buy it, buy it!!! :cool:

Oh my god can I relate... Lol

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Have you made a decision yet, OP? :)
I ended up buying the regular Moto Z and absolutely didn't like it. Sent it back. I'm currently in the market for another second phone which I want the Huawei Mate 9 but I'm not sold that the Mate 9 is worth $300 more than my Honor 8 I use daily and find to be one of the best devices on the current market in every facet. In fact I dare say there isn't a better phone at the price of the Honor 8 with it being that of a flagship spec phone. I haven't bought anything to replace that Moto Z yet but I'm looking all the time. I actually bought an Axon Pro which is at end of life and it was a really nice device. In the end though I want something large as my second device and the mate 9 fits the bill but not the budget.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Are you still looking for diver watches. I have a Rolex Red Submariner that I bought new in 1971 in Okinawa, Japan for $290. Have the original inter box, bracelet, warranty booklet, and certification certificate. Rebuilt by vintage watch maker about 5 years ago and keeps almost perfect time -- gains 2-3 sec over several days. Bezel was lost and replaced with new Rolex bezel ($400). I never wear it out of the house anymore -- I would die if I broke it or lost it.
New for $290?? Even in 1971? Something seems wrong there at that price. Was it brand new in box, serial number and all original papers from Rolex? I've collected high end Dive watches for 15 years and although I've had so many opportunities to buy a Rolex I just was not attracted to them nor their name which most people buy a Rolex bc they can say I have a Rolex. My authorized dealer had even offered me over 30 percent off retail and I still declined as I simply wasn't attracted to their collection and stigma status. I've owned a ton of other equal to high end divers though. In the end rolex is fine and great but very overrated in my opinion being my experience.