What launcher do you use

Rtimmons

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I see the Honor software does not have a app drawer and this will drive my wife crazy. Have to used a launcher and which one? Nova/google/other?

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Google is OK, but the icons are huge. I use nova and am more than happy. Action launcher is probably a close second to Nova. But I guess that's just my opinion.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
The default one has so much customization so that's the one I use right now. However, I have used both Action and Nova Launchers without issue on my Honor 8. Just make sure to add the launcher to the protected list.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Google is OK, but the icons are huge. I use nova and am more than happy. Action launcher is probably a close second to Nova. But I guess that's just my opinion.
There are apps in the Play Store that can change icons for Google Now Launcher. I use Awesome Icons.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
When my Honor 8 arrives, I'll be using Action Launcher 3 mostly. Love the pixel setup. I'll rotate GNL when it suits me.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I did use nova, but I fell in love with EMUI. I dont care that I don't have an app drawer. I would suggest nova the new version just came out with pixel type features built into the pro version

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I did use nova, but I fell in love with EMUI. I dont care that I don't have an app drawer. I would suggest nova the new version just came out with pixel type features built into the pro version

For me,It depends on how many apps you have and how often you switch phones... I have over 100 apps and switch often so it is a hassle to reorganize.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
When my Honor 8 arrives, I'll be using Action Launcher 3 mostly. Love the pixel setup. I'll rotate GNL when it suits me.
I would strongly suggest trying out emui before jumping straight into a launcher. It's a lot better than reviews might suggest. And when EMUI 5 makes general release it will be even better. Using the beta version has not once made me want to install nova as I had on previous phones (particularly over touchwiz).

anon(9023234)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Action Launcher 3, but that's because I have such an ingrained setup using the various workflows within that launcher. Had the phone on EMUI for a couple of days, and it really wasn't bad. Could easily have used that full time if I didn't have any other options.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would strongly suggest trying out emui before jumping straight into a launcher. It's a lot better than reviews might suggest. And when EMUI 5 makes general release it will be even better. Using the beta version has not once made me want to install nova as I had on previous phones (particularly over touchwiz).

I would agree. Emui 5 is great. I hope that they can import layout from nova b the future though.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend Nova, as I've heard the most about it in terms of its usefulness/ratings of satisfaction. I'm actually surprised - I don't miss the app drawer at all.

gnondpomme

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Does any launcher besides Nova offer sub-grid positioning?

I don't think so ...

I used to have Action Launcher on my Nexus 5 wich was really good, but on my Honor 8 I keep using the stock launcher because I wanted something new with an android base and I find it very good with all the theming !

laytoncy

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Nova Prime. Nothing against EMUI I just don't want folders and several screen s. I keep my 1 screen very minimalistic. Looking forward to using Nova with the new features in EMUI 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude