Anyone else having trouble with Honor 8 answering calls while it's in your pocket?

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Last couple of days this started happening. It's odd because I haven't changed any settings and it never happened before. Any ideas? I don't even hear the phone ring.

Edit: raise to ear to answer and press volume button to answer are both off. Touch and hold fingerprint to answer is on, but I don't see how that could happen in my pocket.

Joel Malone

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing happen yesterday. Touch-disable mode was on, raise to ear was on, press volume button to answer was off. In looking around settings, I see that raise to ear to answer shows up in two spots, so I am going to make to turn both off for now.

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Yep, glove mode off libra89. And good idea Joel Malone, I'll double check that. I suspect it's just two different paths to the same setting, but worth shot.

Edit: Now turned off in two places. Thanks Joel Malone for the idea--even though I'd seen the two different settings, it never occurred to me to they might not match. Odd, but hopefully it does the trick.

Last edited:

douglas ruopp

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Phew, crisis averted. After half an hour or so of scrambling around my phone settings (I've been using android for a long time, I know my way around the settings VERY well), I found the culprit wasn't even an Honor smart feature. In the android accessibility menu, I somehow had "Raise to ear to answer" turned on. Apparently on the Honor 8 (and maybe more android phones? I'll have to do some testing), this setting only watches the proximity sensor and not the proximitey sensor AND the accelerometer. The Honor's smart motion feature "Raise to ear to answer calls" watches both sensors and works properly. OP, go to Settings->Advanced Settings->Accessibility and make sure the "Raise to ear to answer" settings is switched off!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz