Honor 8 vs Mate 9

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Ok, looking carefully at the Mate 9 photos, I noticed an important factor: The fingerprint reader is on the front and is not circle!
USA version is on the back, and round. More reliable than iPhone has ever been or Sammy.

Mate 9 is similar in size/WT to iPhone 6S+ but easier to hold and gets 5.9" screen. I've use to think AMOLD was important and should be better. I prefer M9 1080P (and 6S+) to it.

5.5" Curved AMOLED Display of Mate 9 Pro or S7)S7E, is no longer a selling factor. Maybe 2k though but I tend to watch videos on tv.

Huawei does an amazing job and glad I took a chance on one.

tsquare2112

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I got an honor 8 from Amazon a few weeks ago. I ended up sending it back. I got the mate 9 last week and I am perfectly happy with it. It is on an entire different level than the honor 8

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I got an honor 8 from Amazon a few weeks ago. I ended up sending it back. I got the mate 9 last week and I am perfectly happy with it. It is on an entire different level than the honor 8
That is probably down to EMUI 5, which is releasing for the honor 8 soon.
The beta has made the honor 8 into a different phone.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Can I ask what was the reason for sending the Honor 8 back didn't you like it?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I wanted a smaller phone and my Mom wanted a bigger phone so I gave her one of my V20s (the Titan one) and got an Honor 8. So far, I'm really impressed and I really like the EMUI 4 with a Nova Prime overlay. This is a cute little phone and I'm glad I got it.

The Mate 9 is a beast and it has a lot to love but I still have a V20 and a V10 so just no need. I love phones. Maybe too much, I just do.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I wanted a smaller phone and my Mom wanted a bigger phone so I gave her one of my V20s (the Titan one) and got an Honor 8. So far, I'm really impressed and I really like the EMUI 4 with a Nova Prime overlay. This is a cute little phone and I'm glad I got it.

The Mate 9 is a beast and it has a lot to love but I still have a V20 and a V10 so just no need. I love phones. Maybe too much, I just do.
Ooh you got one, congrats! What color is yours?

I can get you on the phone thing...it's the only consistent thing that I am spending money on outside of food and daily expenses. I have my subscriptions but they are less than phones are lol.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Ooh you got one, congrats! What color is yours?

I can get you on the phone thing...it's the only consistent thing that I am spending money on outside of food and daily expenses. I have my subscriptions but they are less than phones are lol.
I got the blue. I love blue.

Derek W1

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I think the blue one is the best selling one, I really like the white one but the end, that blue color just called.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site

I own both the Honor 8 and Mate 9 and think both are super phones. When the Honor 8 gets updated to EMUI 5 there will not be much if anything separating the phones but size and weight. Both have super batteries and chargers.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I got the blue. I love blue.

Blue is amazing! Awesome choice! I had wanted blue initially but the sale had been on either the white or black, and so I chose white... But I am happy with it! Been too long since I've owned a white phone.

Glad you are enjoying your Honor 8! Agreed: it's a cute and great little phone that does a lot!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
What tickles me is that the Honor 8 is a great phone for, at most, $400 (US). So, compared to, say, AT&T's S7, it's $300 less. Is wireless charging, fast charging, water resistance, and a higher rez screen worth $300? Good thing, for Samsung, that AT&T doesn't sell the Honor 8.

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What tickles me is that the Honor 8 is a great phone for, at most, $400 (US). So, compared to, say, AT&T's S7, it's $300 less. Is wireless charging, fast charging, water resistance, and a higher rez screen worth $300? Good thing, for Samsung, that AT&T doesn't sell the Honor 8.

I still say even though its a fantastic phone until there is more brand recignition price for most people isnt a issue. I hope they continue to bring better models to the us. Samsung is king because of all the little things they do i.e advertising plays a huge role.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE