Group Interview with George Zhao, President of Honor

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Very good article and very interesting too. He clearly states that Honor is its own identity basically. Plus he referenced that Huawei would be the ones who would be picked up by major carriers. Although reading his statement and owning an Honor 8 vs all the other high end flagships ive tested leads me to still believe that we will see at least one or two Honor devices carried by the major carriers. I'm just not totally buying that they will solely rely on e-commerce or online sales only for revenue. Not when there is an open door to bring them more customers which is another statement he makes about targeting age groups and introducing Honor to more and more meaning growth. You can see the corrupt underlying contradiction here bc you can only grow so far with online sales only. They may have not reached their potential but they will and for a company to have continued growth means having more than one avenue for revenue. He answered well and also avoided questions even better. That's my take and why it was pretty interesting.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
One more thing. If a company's goal is to grow and increase sales or revenue then it's actually not even remotely logical to believe that Honor will only rely on e-commerce or online sales solely. They aren't making a flagship type device because they just love to. They do so like any company no matter the product. Money and growth is every company's goal. From small ones to large ones. Growth equals more revenue. I do not believe they are going to totally ignore other avenues that they either have available now or will very soon. Just like all of us aren't working every day bc we love or bc it gives us good health. It's because we need money and because we strive to make more. It will be a huge surprise to me if what he stated is 100 percent true. Honor is in this to grow and do to so means using the most productive avenues to do so which isn't the internet only. Carriers are definitely in their future too if they want to reach the masses and keep growing. Okay I think I'm done lol.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
One more thing. If a company's goal is to grow and increase sales or revenue then it's actually not even remotely logical to believe that Honor will only rely on e-commerce or online sales solely. They aren't making a flagship type device because they just love to. They do so like any company no matter the product. Money and growth is every company's goal. From small ones to large ones. Growth equals more revenue. I do not believe they are going to totally ignore other avenues that they either have available now or will very soon. Just like all of us aren't working every day bc we love or bc it gives us good health. It's because we need money and because we strive to make more. It will be a huge surprise to me if what he stated is 100 percent true. Honor is in this to grow and do to so means using the most productive avenues to do so which isn't the internet only. Carriers are definitely in their future too if they want to reach the masses and keep growing. Okay I think I'm done lol.

Even if the Honor brand comes to carriers in Canada - even Rogers, to whom I subscribe - I'd hesitate to buy it through them. I'd rather buy them unlocked and then have it all paid off sooner; than going with a carrier and being locked in to an agreement.