Anyone with kind all the sudden onset of battery issues?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I've noticed lately that my Honor 8 isn't providing the same battery performance I'm so used to. It's now keeping a full charge less longer and I've found it kind of difficult to get a full 100 percent charge too on the flip side. Maybe 98 to 99 percent at times. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on with my particular case with the battery? Do I have too many websites open in the background type issue that's consuming large amounts of battery life or do I indeed have a specific to the battery related issue? I'm well within a warranty with Honor but I thought I'd check with you guys and pretty gals to see if this maybe an issue I can resolve myself?

Thanks a bunch for any feedback or suggestions.

Don

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
Oddly enough I've noticed that my battery has been draining slightly quicker the past two days, thought it was just me. It's not a huge difference but noticable. Have you looked into the phone management app to see what is consuming the most battery? It seems for me that it's Facebook causing the issue. Even though I close the app and not allow it to run when the screen is locked. I'm thinking that Facebook updated and so some reason is consuming more. Otherwise everything else seems to be consuming the same as before. I would be interested to know if other people have noticed this as well.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed since the day I first charged, it takes longer to get 100% from say 95%. If you notice the charging indicator will be green even if it's 93%. I think that has to do with Honor telling you battery is good to go with full charge though it's not 100% yet.

I have not seen any anamolies in battery drain. Facebook and Facebook Messenger fixes a battery issue in their app last week though. So make sure you have the recent version of their apps.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed since the day I first charged, it takes longer to get 100% from say 95%. If you notice the charging indicator will be green even if it's 93%. I think that has to do with Honor telling you battery is good to go with full charge though it's not 100% yet.

I have not seen any anamolies in battery drain. Facebook and Facebook Messenger fixes a battery issue in their app last week though. So make sure you have the recent version of their apps.

I'm on the current version of both, maybe that's not the issue then. Thanks!

The reason why it takes longer to hit 100 from 95 is that quick charging does not work past I think 90 percent. Below that percent the phone charges much faster and cuts down to top off the battery.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Facebook and Messenger apps did make an announcement that if you restarted/reset the apps, your battery consumption would be reset, so to speak.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I closed down a lot of my open sites in my chrome app and I noticed a boost. I had like 50 widows open but that also gives you an idea of how my organized chaotic brain works. I'll be researching something and instead of bookmarking it, I would leave the window open so I could quick refer back to it when I needed to. I forced myself to cut it down to about 25 open windows and my battery definitely got stronger. The mind of a True ADHD person lol. Organized chaos. It's all I've ever known lol

Etyrnus

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Facebook claims it was fixed, but the drain persisted until I disabled background data for the Facebook app. As soon as I did that, my Honor 8 was back to normal performance.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I closed down a lot of my open sites in my chrome app and I noticed a boost. I had like 50 widows open but that also gives you an idea of how my organized chaotic brain works. I'll be researching something and instead of bookmarking it, I would leave the window open so I could quick refer back to it when I needed to. I forced myself to cut it down to about 25 open windows and my battery definitely got stronger. The mind of a True ADHD person lol. Organized chaos. It's all I've ever known lol

Glad things have sped up a bit for you!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Glad things have sped up a bit for you!
Yeah I really think they have. I've about decixed that I'm going to back up one good time to cloud and perform a total factory reset and more or less start over. There will be quite a few apps that I will cut out and it'll kind of be like getting a new honor lol. I'll definitely get my favorite font back but in general cut back on all the built up clutter. I tend to do a reset every once in a while if I end up keeping a phone longer than 5 or 6 months. One can't help but just build up unnecessary apps and data over time. I believe this will definitely give my battery new life.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Even after doing that, I was still getting Facebook opening itself in the background when I had it restricted.

Same here...I don't have Facebook white listed and every so often I get a power prompt that Facebook is running in the background even though I closed the application

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
ef77fabc069a108a6689daddfccea612.jpg

I'm getting great battery life, but it seems fb is also my biggest drain, but when I viewed it in the battery consumption list it showed that it wasn't closing on screen lock.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I have to close Facebook some too when I think about it. Closing lots of my open windows helped me some though. I'm still not anywhere like I used to be. Makes me want to just get a 64g now. I say that just to justify getting a 64g lol. Nothing to do with a better battery lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2