Selective outgoing call issue

Pupntaco

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Stumped by this problem! With the phone. I have a handful of numbers (that I know of) that I can receive a call and text back and forth, but cannot call them. When it tries to dial it quits and the call log shows the call as cancelled. When I swap it in another phone, I do not have any problems with this SIM. I've reset network settings, deleted contacts, but am stumped. Any ideas before I send the phone back to Amazon? Thx!!!

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Stumped by this problem! With the phone. I have a handful of numbers (that I know of) that I can receive a call and text back and forth, but cannot call them. When it tries to dial it quits and the call log shows the call as cancelled. When I swap it in another phone, I do not have any problems with this SIM. I've reset network settings, deleted contacts, but am stumped. Any ideas before I send the phone back to Amazon? Thx!!!

I have this exact problem.are you with TMobile? They tried several options and are unclear where the issue is. The troubling thing is, when I put the same sim in my iPhone and everything works, calls go through.

Pupntaco

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I am on T-mobile. Like you, I have no problems calling these same numbers when I pop the SIM into my iPhone. I have six lines on my account, and mine is the only one having these issues. I can even receive a call from the number but cannot call back. I have tried everything short of a factory reset, which may be my last option. If that doesn't work I may have to return the phone and get something else. It's a shame too, since I really like this phone.

Oh yeah, I've tried different dialers to no avail :'(

Thanks. LMK if you find the solution.

Pupntaco

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
I think I have found the problem. Unfortunately, the solution sucks!

If I toggle off VoLTE calls tab then the call goes right through. The phone is only a few weeks old and can still be returned to Amazon, so I'm not sure I want to hold onto this one if I can't have VoLTE. Grrrr. I'll have to see if there is a fix, otherwise, I'll have to find another phone.

Pupntaco

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
I have this exact problem.are you with TMobile? They tried several options and are unclear where the issue is. The troubling thing is, when I put the same sim in my iPhone and everything works, calls go through.

Are you on the Digits beta with T-mobile? I am, if that makes any difference. Still, it has no problems in the iPhone.

Pupntaco

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Update: I plopped my SIM into daughter's Nexus 6P with VoLTE calling and the dialing is fine. Also no problem with the other daughter's iPhone 7. Afraid it is a problem with this phone. Hmmm, hate to see it go...

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Wow. After turning off, the calls go through. And now the calls go through even if VoLTE is enabled. I will do more testing.

BTW, are you in EMUI 4 or 5?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Had a long chat with TMobile reps. Since this is not a TMobile branded phone, they say the recommendation is to turn off VoLTE for now if it doesn't work as expected. They also assured me it doesn't affect my current service in any ways as it is an additional value that works on TMobile phones.

I can live with this for now and we should raise this issue with Honor I guess.

Pupntaco

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
I am on EMUI 5 with Nougat. I seem to recall when I first got the phone before Digits, I had an intermittent calling issue with a few numbers as well. Turning off VoLTE is not really thrilling since it was one of the selling points for me on this phone.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I am on EMUI 5 with Nougat. I seem to recall when I first got the phone before Digits, I had an intermittent calling issue with a few numbers as well. Turning off VoLTE is not really thrilling since it was one of the selling points for me on this phone.

Sorry to say but this is an issue with emui 5. I have never had this issue with emui 4 and I am also on T-mobile.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what changed but VoLTE calls are now working in my Honor 8. May be it was something to do on T-Mobile servers, but is working now:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois