Honor 8 worth it or not?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The honor 8 goes on sale pretty regularly around $300 ish or less. A really good bang for the buck compared to the competition for an unlocked phone, IMO.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
86ac1e82d8d02ee1ca03937b6cacdd2b.jpg

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Well it's all ordered black honor 8! Now just waiting for the postman to come!
So I swap between a G5 (it's a beast, throw a slim case on it and you're good) and the Honor 8, for funsies. I was gonna swap back to the G5 yesterday after almost a week on the Honor 8. I synced up my podcast, swapped out wallpaper and was all set. When it came time to change the sim out, I couldn't do it. I have a hard time putting the Honor 8 away. Sometimes I want a bigger screen but the longer I've owned the Honor 8 I find that desire to be fading. I think you will be pleased.

Last edited:

Hobson123

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
So I swap between a G5 (it's a beast, throw a slim case on it and your good) and the Honor 8, for funsies. I was gonna swap back to the G5 yesterday after almost a week on the Honor 8. I synced up my podcast, swapped out wallpaper and was all set. When it came time to change the sim out, I couldn't do it. I have a hard time putting the Honor 8 away. Sometimes I want a bigger screen but the longer I've owned the Honor 8 I find that desire to be fading. I think you will be pleased.
I'm looking forward to it! I'm unsure whether it be my daily driver but more than likely it is! I like to keep my work and personal phones seperate!

thejammer

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
It's one of the best phones I've owned. It has a sweet spot for it's size. Apps open quick, phone speeds are awesome. Even on LTE I seem to get full bars most of the time.

I think they've done a good job on phone optimization similar to that of Apple products.

You won't be disappointed!

Def agree. This phone is pretty much perfect for me. Coming from a galaxy note 4, LG G4 and S7 Edge, I thought I would miss the screen real estate but I really don't unless I'm watching a movie. It fits perfectly in my hand. The camera is pretty good. Not S7 Edge good in lowlight but the depth of field mode is fantastic. Battery life is outstanding. Drain when idle approaches iOS efficiency. The one nagging thing is the auto brightness. It's pretty inconsistent. Otherwise, the phone is a great performer and for a great price. Oh and it's beautiful too

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I had a standard Samsung s7 but sold it on as it wasn't playing nice with my network. I got the Honor 8 expecting a downgrade but to be honest I've not noticed any downgrades that bother me, especially for the price difference. Screen perhaps not as nice, but it is still very good. Same for camera. Seems just as fast, if not faster. Emui 5 update has made it much better. I've been converted, I'm a massive honor fan now. Look at the new Honor 8 pro, looks amazing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax